[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Specktrun DX7 and Hitec USB adapter

Specktrun DX7 and Hitec USB adapter

Specktrun DX7 and Hitec USB adapter

Postby Gary D Evans » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:28 pm

I am trying to use heli models but nothing seems to work. I have tried setting the radio up as both airplane and heli but neither works.
Does anyone one else have this combination working?
Gary D Evans

Postby Steve Lewin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Not tried it myself but it should be like any other JR radio. Radio must not be switched on. Trainer mode set to Normal (not INH).

Does it calibrate o.k. ? Have you set up the correct channel numbers in the bottom 4 boxes on the LH side of the mapping/calibration screen (the ones that control the helicopters) ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Gary D Evans » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:36 pm

The radio turns on automatically when the cord is plugged in. I have tried both acro and heli models with pretty much the same result.

In calibration mode it shows the following channels functioning.

Channel 1 = throttle
Channel 2 & 3 moving opposite directions = ailerons
Channel 2 & 3 moving together = elevator

In acro setting.
I've tried differant channel settings since I don't know if the program will even accepts 2 channels for the same function. No matter what I've tried the best I've gotten is throttle working sometimes. The other controls mostly don't work at all or work on the work channel.

In heli setting.
The only thing that works is throttle and no matter what channels were selected it only works on the right stick channel that should be pitch.
Gary D Evans

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:55 am

It sounds like you may have some weird heli-style mixing set up in the Tx (but I know almost nothing about helis). Have you tried it with a clean model memory, i.e Model Reset, then set up in acro, very simple, no mixing etc. ?

If that doesn't give you 4 separate channels in calibration I guess the USB interface might really be a dead one.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Gary D Evans » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 pm

Yes, I have used a fresh radio model and have tried all of the differant tail options. Interesting that even when I'm able to get the channels working correctly in calibration mode they do not function in flight simulation.
Gary D Evans

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:59 am

Steve Lewin

Postby Gary D Evans » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Yep, using the aero model in the radio everything in FMS calibration appears to work correctly but only the throttle functions in flight simulation.
Looks like the $30 for the Hitec adaptor was a waste of money. I tried their tech line but they know nothing about FMS. I noticed that when the radio is plugged in the light in the USB plug flashes continuously. It that normal??
Unless someone with a DX7 steps up that has it working I can only assume that the radio will not work with this simulator.
Gary D Evans

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:28 pm

I know that are DX7 owners that use FMS with SmartPropoPlus.
shaul_eiz

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby Gary D Evans » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Gary D Evans

Postby Gary D Evans » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Gary D Evans

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:41 am

Steve Lewin

Return to Joystick-Interface