[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Simulator does not respond to Zhen Hua - FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 & Zhen Hua Transmitter

Simulator does not respond to Zhen Hua - FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 & Zhen Hua Transmitter

Postby rdantu » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:13 am

I recently purchased the dragonfly heli with Zhen Hua transmitter (4 channel).
Am trying to use the simulator FMS ver. 2.0 8.3 alpha with both default chopper models in it. I have installed the necessary drivers from PPJoy as well. The PPJoy-> PPjoyCOM has the right entries (including serial streaming from Zhen Hua 5 bit protocol) and I can hear the continuous beep from the speakers. And could also calibrate in the simulator using the joystick (can see 4 channels responding) as well.
The problem is that none of the choppers respond well (realtime) to the tranmitter. The channel 3 for throttle and others don't work the way intended.
I would appreciate anybody's help and suggestions on the same.

thanks in advance.

Rahul.
rdantu

Postby Cobra » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:54 pm

Did you change the mapping? In the 8 listed control surfaces, I have:

4, 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 1 with reversing on chans 4, 3, and 1.

As long as you haven't changed the mapping of your virtual joystick on the windows driver side, that should give you standard heli control. It works here, but it seems like the controls have about twice the range. I'm going to post a seperate message about that.
Cobra

Postby rdantu » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:00 am

I have'nt tried the channel combination put forth by You. I need to try it out.. But I did'nt quite understand the inverse part of it ? What really does it mean ?

Thanks for your input.

Rahul
rdantu

Postby Cobra » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:49 pm

I was having trouble getting good control, and when I finally had the channels correct, I discovered that some of them acted reverse. You'll see it easily once you get a valid calibration. Then if you move the throttle down, and it's reversed, you'll see the heli's shoot skyward. :) Just reverse those channels and you'll be set.
Cobra

Postby Eric Brouwer » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:17 pm

Ensure that the mapping is set correct for choppers. In the Mapping/Calibration section, the first four are for planes, the last four for choppers.

The "Inv" selection will reverse the servo direction, and the "Exp" will add exponential control to the stick (make it less sensitive in the centre)

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby isaksp00 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Make sure the debug (sound) box is not checked in PPJoyCOM. I have been struggling with mine (also clone Dragonfly) and while I got the calibration sliders in FMS to move and calibrate, I never was able to get control of any models. It seems that the debug mode that makes the speaker sounds also does something that makes control of the FMS models fail. I unchecked the box and it started working fine.
isaksp00

Postby rdantu » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:20 am

Hi Isaksp00,

You are very much right. I unchecked that box and it started working just the way it should.
I got the planes and chopper setting correct as per previous help. It works great now.

thanks folks.

Good Flying.

Rahul.
rdantu

Return to Joystick-Interface