[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can you help a newbie connect a RC transmitter with FMS

Can you help a newbie connect a RC transmitter with FMS

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:30 am

mjswider

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:02 pm

:( :( Still no luck here at work. Same operating system, actually I believe this is xp pro here at work. winmm.dll file is where it should be, but FMS does not invoke spp at start up. I uninstalled FMS, deleted the spp files, re downloaded both and reinstalled, no help. there must be something in my operating system that is stopping this I am guessing, any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:05 pm

FMS loads winmm.dll on start-up. It first looks for it in the local directory. If it finds it, and it is the valid SPP file then you will see that in the 'joystick' window (After pressing the 'ressources' button). If you don't, then for some reason FMS did not look for it in the local directory or it is not the correct file.
The only thing that crosses my mind that may cause the first problem is that you are a 'guest' on the machine.
More likely will be the case where a wrong winmm.dll is put there. Click on the winmm.dll file icon with your right mouse, select 'properties' and then the 'version' tag. Is it version 2.1.0 or higher?
shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:22 pm

The winmm.dll file is version 0.3.1.0.

I looked on my PC (win xp pro) and I am listed as one of five users. the group I am in is Administrators. there are two users listed that are both Administrators and Users, and one user listed as just a User.

thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:23 pm

Sounds really weird.
Can you use "dependency walker" on FMS.exe?
I suspect something like shortcut linked to another folder.
"dependency walker" = DEPENDS.EXE is a freeware by MS. I can send you a copy if you need.
shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 pm

I ran the program, the only thing I understand is this message that was provided:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Does that tell you anything?

Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Not necessarily a problem.
You should see a tree view where FMS.EXE is at the top and WINMM.DLL is one of its branches. It should not be red.
Click on the WINMM.DLL icon.
The upper-right pane should show 3 green icons.
Click with the right mouse on the WINMM.DLL icon and select properties. It should be the same as before.
If not, click on the "C:\" button at the top. What are the full paths of files FMS.EXE and WINMM.DLL? are they what you intended? that is, in the same directory?
shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:05 pm

I do see the tree view where FMS.exe is at the topa nd winmm.dll is one of the branches. It is not red.

The upper right ane shows 3 green icons.

The properties for the winmm.dll icon are not the same as before, nor is the path. The winmm.dll path is c:\windows\system32\WINMM.DLL, while the fms.exe path is c:\program files\fms\FMS.EXE.

We are on to something here, but how/can I change where FMS.exe looks for winmm.dll?

Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:42 pm

This can happen only if there is no winmm.dll in folder c:\program files\fms
unless
the following registry entry is set to '1':
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\SafeDllSearchMode
SPP assumes it is set to '0' which is the default. I must confess I never heard of anyone changing this value to '1' so if this is the case you must try and rememer why you did it.
shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi shaul_eiz, I have convinced myself that the winmm.dll file is in the folder. I set my program up here at work the same as at home. It could be that the computer was set up for me in the fashion you describe below. Is there any harm in changing it back to zero, or can spp be changed to work with the 1? If I was to change it, can you tell me how I would go about doing that?

I do appreciate all the help you have given me. Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:05 am

Is it possible that you have Windows XP SP1? This might be the problem. If so, I'd recommend upgrading to SP2 ASAP.
There are thousands of bugs in SP1 that were fixed in SP2.
You can download it fro MS: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:34 pm

The link you posted tells me that my computer has already been upgraded. Maybe this is just not meant to be, but if you have any other ideas, like somehow changing the FMS.exe to look in the FMS folder no matter what, I would appreciate it.

THanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:42 pm

shaul_eiz

Postby mjswider » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:55 pm

mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:22 pm

shaul_eiz

PreviousNext

Return to Joystick-Interface