[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby schumi » Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:19 pm

@Vitaly
Thx for your quickly answer! ;) I've build some seriell Interface's but your schematic looks not so easy! :( I'am not an electrican, it's my hobby! If I buy the microprocessor, how get I the firmware on it, or are that not needed? You see, I don't know many things! And my english is to bad, to understand all points.

What a NPN TRANSISTOR is, I know. What is beta 100?

Hope you understand my very bad english, but to learn it, in school was boring! *gg* :) ;)
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby chocks away » Sat Nov 10, 2001 8:51 pm

Hey Schumi,

1. The pic chip HAS TO BE PROGRAMMED or the interface lead will not work.

2. To programme the pic chip you need a pic programmer.

3. You have to burn the firmware onto the chip with the programmer.

I am going to build the interface next week. I will report in this forum if I am sucsessfull with it.

If you have no luck with the pic chip, and my interface lead works okay, I will programme a pic chip for you.

I live in London and all the components to to make the interface lead are easy to buy here.

Just be patient, I will have to make my lead and test it first.
chocks away

Postby schumi » Sat Nov 10, 2001 9:01 pm

Hi!
That are good news! :) :)

What costs a programmer?
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby chocks away » Sat Nov 10, 2001 9:08 pm

Me again Schumi.

Have a look at this, the basic pic programmer is all you need to burn the pic chip.
chocks away

Postby chocks away » Sat Nov 10, 2001 9:10 pm

chocks away

Postby chocks away » Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:16 pm

chocks away

Postby schumi » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:52 am

bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby Boxed » Sun Nov 11, 2001 11:00 am

A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby chocks away » Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:27 pm

Hi Schumi.

I have the picprom 2001, but all you need to do the 12c509 chip is the Miniprom. It's cheap too.

Boxed.

We are talking about the serial interface Vitali designed.
chocks away

Postby schumi » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:01 pm

Hi!
Thx for all your help! We talking about GAME PORT ADAPTER ! What a programmer I need for the gameport Interface? I have a friend, and they have a programmer, it's for atmel processors! It's called MASTER CRD, know anyone, it's that ok?
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:13 am

Ok, to prevent any confusion, i think we are talking about the joystick gameport adapter. This adapter has indeed an atmel processor. It's the at90s2313 (watch out! you need the 10Mhz version and not the 4Mhz version.) The author of this adapter discribed a programmer called avreal. In the english documentation he pointed to the site. An other good programmer is the ponyprog (i know it sounds childish but it works great) the website is: [url=http://www.lancos.com/.

to]http://www.lancos.com/.

to[/url] schumi -> If this MASTER CRD device can program the at90s2313, it's allright. If you use this external programmer, you can let go of the components: R2, C1 and J1 (not R1!!). because these components are just meant for internal programming.

I am building the joystick adapter now, and hope to have some results by let's say wednesday....
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby chocks away » Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:17 am

No wonder we are confused. I have been talking about this.
chocks away

Postby Vitaly » Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:58 am

To Boxed:
R2 & C1 should never be eliminated. That will affect reset stability & could cause accident self-erasing of chip.
Vitaly

Postby chocks away » Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:10 am

hey vitali

I need some advice please.

Read your pm.
chocks away

Postby johnhlong » Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:13 pm

To: Chocks away,

The cable you are talking about is the new PIC interface.

You can find info on this in the PIC Forum.

It is not a joystick interface but a custom microprocesser interface for FMS. Should be great but requires programming.

There are a fue people working on building the new cable in the other forum and there should be some kits availible soon.

John Long
Seattle, Wa.
USA

(Edited by johnhlong at 3:15 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)

(Edited by johnhlong at 3:16 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

PreviousNext

Return to Joystick-Interface