[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby solo » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:55 pm

Just found another heli model at

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/atv/PFSAVER.HTM

One thing i forgot-- u should be able to do auto's on pre-flight. Anybody tried it? r they any good?

Best wishes.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby solo » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:56 pm

Sorry, this got posted twice by mistake!

Just found another heli model at

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/atv/PFSAVER.HTM

One thing i forgot-- u should be able to do auto's on pre-flight. Anybody tried it? r they any good?

Best wishes.

(Edited by solo at 3:09 pm on Jan. 5, 2002)
solo

Postby solo » Sat Jan 05, 2002 11:29 am

I am in the process of building this adapter (rc2joy) and need help please.

I am confused as to how to connect the circuit board (thru J1) with the printer port (LPT) .

The confusion arises because the description suggests using a 5 wire adapter ("FBPRG" adapter), where as in the connection table (shown below) for the adapter shows 6 connections.

LPT pin AVR signal LPT pin AVR signal
6 (D4) /RESET 8 (D6) SCK
7 (D5) MOSI 10 (ACK) MISO
5 (D3) XTAL1 18..25 (GND) GND

(I have constructed everything else exactly as suggested in the rc2joy circuit diagram).

Could somebody please tell me which connection from the above table can be safley ignored?

Kind regards.

(Edited by solo at 3:12 pm on Jan. 5, 2002)

(Edited by solo at 3:16 pm on Jan. 5, 2002)
solo

Postby Boxed » Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:16 pm

I made an seporate programming board for programming the atmel, it can be integrated in the design for the rc2joy, but i wanted a small adapter. I used e programmer called ponyprorg, which can be found here: The software is totally free, and all the schematics are given.

I left away some parts from the programming adapterboard that supply the power, and used an external power source. There is also one line that's not connected at the programming board, i left that one out too.

i hope this helped...

I just made some simplified schematics for a programming board for the 2313 processor. If anyone wants it, just send me a mail.

(Edited by Boxed at 5:05 pm on Jan. 6, 2002)
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby solo » Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:03 pm

Thankyou very much for the info on the alternative programmer.

I would be intrested to know if anyone has succesfully completed the rc2joy using the original adapter (FBPRG)
and what connections they had used as I queried in my post above.

Kind regards.
solo

Postby solo » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:06 am

To JIV

thx for your email confirming that i can omit the LPT pin 5 connection between the FBPRG adapter and J1.

rgds.
solo

Postby solo » Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:07 pm

Hi,

Just to say that i have managed to complete this adapter successfully by following the exact instructions provided in rc2joy. I am using the latest firmware and I get an occasional glitch only--- which is good --as it help to sharpen your reflexes :)

Rgds and cheers.
solo

Postby solo » Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:48 pm

Just to add that I used Win98 and all the drivers from the avreal site including the software to make sure compatibility between all of these.

rgds
solo

Postby solo » Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:52 pm

Hi,

Just to update that with this interface pre-flight also works perfectly, albiet after some configuration.

I will try autos next and will let u know if that possible.

(Pleased to be using two different r/c simulators requiring a mouseclick only to switch ;) )

Rgds
solo

Postby Miwer » Tue May 14, 2002 9:50 pm

Hi,

Could somebody put up a mirror to the english files needed for making the rc2joy interface?

It seems that rcdesign.ru returns "unknown host" when I try to download it. Maybe their nameserver is down, who knows.

Thanks,
/Miwer
Miwer

Postby solo » Wed May 15, 2002 6:02 am

try this, i think it has all the documentation in english.
solo

Postby Kim » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:31 am

Hi Solo,
Understand you have successfully completed the rc2joy interface. Can you tell me what value is capacitor C4 & C1. What type of transistor did you use for Q1.

Thanks.
Kim

Postby Kim » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:32 am

Help!
Can any one who have completed the rc2joy help with Capacitor C2, C3 & C4 value. Is it 0.1pF?
What transistor can I subsitute for KT3102? Is BC547 okay?
Thanks.

-Kim
Kim

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:02 pm

Not sure what you're looking at and I haven't built one but on the RC2joy cct I have capacitors C1 and C4 are 0.1uf (microFarad). When no qualifier is given it is usually taken as uF. C2 & 3 are 20pF. From the documentation any small signal NPN transistor like a BC547 will do.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Kim » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:05 am

Thanks for the Info. I will try to complete the rc2joy interface and see if it works.
Cheers.
Kim

PreviousNext

Return to Joystick-Interface