[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can you help a newbie connect a RC transmitter with FMS

Can you help a newbie connect a RC transmitter with FMS

Can you help a newbie connect a RC transmitter with FMS

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:16 am

Hi, I have heard I can hook my RC transmitter to my PC through the microphone input and use it to control FMS. Here is what I have done:

- downloaded SmartPropoPlus 3.1.0
- extracted the files to my FMS directory, 4 total, 2 .dll, 2 .exe
- verified I am getting a signal out of my tx output, which is a mono audio jack. I did this both my listening to the tones via headphones and viewing pusles in Windows Sound Recorder when my tx output was connected to the microphone input of my pc. No sound came out of the speakers
- started fms, tried lots of stuff on the analog controls tab, no real results, the input only responds to the keyboard. I am running fms alpha 8.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby Kevinator_9 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:52 am

http://hermer.co.uk/fms/
Click on the type opf cable you are using and it will go to a setup page.
Kevinator_9

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:22 am

Steve Lewin

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 pm

mjswider

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:44 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:55 pm

mjswider

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:33 pm

Steve Lewin

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:04 pm

The files are in my directory C:\Program files\FMS.

Not sure what you mean by And of course you can't have done the configuration . Is this because I did not visit the other site yet? Will get there in an hour or so.

Thx, Matt
mjswider

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:34 pm

Ok, so I went to the site http://www.sekiriki.jp/manual.html, and the first thing I see is that smartpropo does not work with windows xp, which is what I am running. I look on the smartpropoplus site, and keep getting the site unavailable error. Somehow I got the impression I just need to put the 4 files from the smartpropoplus zip file in my FMS directory. If there is additional setup, I have not yet found out what this is. Can anyone help me find this please?

Thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby phildc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Good evening,
1) please notice that serikiki doc refers to the initial ( i.e. OLD ) version of smartpropo, so forget it.
2) check your signal with the audio scope on pc and/or the ppm thermometer. Both use the audio input.

The scope:
The PPM thermometer:

Possible problems: your signal is not a PPM (for ppm, you can see the pulse width vary on the scope when you move a stick in one direction; the thermometer shows the channels), but a PCM or Zhen Hua signal (do a search on this word, there is a solution),
or you have a CCPM mixer active (more than one channel - on the cyclic plate - move for a movement on one axis of the transmitter)

Also: please read care fully the smartpropo plus docs, and look at the different versions, and the functions you need.
Do various tests with mike or line, and have a look at the Windows audio panel (run sndvol32.exe).

Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:06 pm

At this moment, I can access

Did you read the different chapters? :
How to install

Download

Usage

Troubleshooting

Support
phildc

Postby mjswider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:09 pm

I can get through there at this moment also, but my lunch break is over :( I will get back and read it all again, maybe I have missed something.

Thanks!
mjswider

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Yahoo seems to tighten the screw on non-paying sites. It seems like time to move to a less hostile host.
So until I do it, please be patient with me.
shaul_eiz

Ok, now what

Postby mjswider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:36 am

I went to the troubleshooting page of spp, and at step 5 it says make sure that joystick 1 says SmartPropoPlus. this is not the case for me. It goes onto say, If SmartPropoPlus is missing, your winmm.dll file was probably placed in a wrong folder. Make sure you find the correct FMS folder, and place your winmm.dll file there. When I look at the my folder C:/Program Files/FMS, in there is a file called winmm.dll, dated 9/12/2006.

No tips are given here if you have put the winmm.dll file in the proper place, but do not get spp on joystick 1.

I am running windows xp and FMS alpha 8.5

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks, Matt
mjswider

Postby aeropal » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:32 am

aeropal

Next

Return to Joystick-Interface