[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Controllers -The right stuff

Controllers -The right stuff

Controllers -The right stuff

Postby Ray207 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:33 pm

FYI - I've been using an old Dave Brown Flight Simulator controller with FMS for a long while now on my desktop PC. I is a Mode 2 type and worked first time perfectly through the joystick port on my old Win98a system. I now use it with a plugin Radio Shack USB joystick on my WinXP system.

I use a Futaba Mode 2 Transmitter connected to the Mic port of my Laptop through a Futaba trainer cable and a simple interface I built. I use the newest version of SmartPropo on my laptop ... works perfectly.

If anyone wants to know more about either item.. let me know... Flying RC Planes with a Mode 2 Transmitter is necessary to fully enjoy FMS. Also, v8 planes and a great landscape adds tremendously to an already Great Program !!!
Over 3,000 hours with FMS !!
Ray207

Postby aeropal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Other "dedicated" controller options include Esky and .

The is also an option for computers that have this port . . transmitter plug types are limited, however.
-
aeropal

more interface

Postby Ray207 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi,
I actually have tried an Art-Tech (bought my Grandson an Art-Tech Cessna 182 kit off EBay. The plane worked right out of the box and flew great, however the software included was terrible (old Ver 7 FMS Cessna 182 plane)... not very realistic BUT THE CONTROLLER interface (a straightthrough mono cable) did not work .. sound was being recognized but no matter what I did, I could not get enough volume out of it to discern the different joystick functions. Maybe just something wrong with the unit itself.

Anyway, for my Grandson, I ordered the Esky USB dedicated unit... I'll give that a try for him and if it doesn't work I give him a Futaba and make another (simple) buddy cable to mic interface.

Thanks for the reply :-)
Over 3,000 hours with FMS !!
Ray207

Return to Joystick-Interface