E Sky Sim unit WON'T control Heli's but WILL control planes?

E Sky Sim unit WON'T control Heli's but WILL control planes?

Postby websterphreak » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm

I have a new E Sky #0905A 4 Channel Simiulator controller and have just discovered the FMS simulator Freeware app (actually the E Sky came with an older or stripped down version of FMS)

A curious problem I have is that with the latest version of FMS Version 2.0 Beta 7, the E Sky controller with NOT in any way control any of the Heli's, but works fine with all the planes! Moving any of the joy sticks produces no movement at all with any of the Heli models. Nothing.

With the version of FMS that came with the E Sky controller, the unit works fine with the all the Heli's and Planes in the very limited "models library" (only the Hughes and ThreeDee heli's and much fewer planes are included).

I installed the two different versions of FMS on two separate Windows XP PC, both very similar in hardware and RAM.

What is going on? Is this a bug in Version 2.0 Beta 7 ?? I've tried calibrating the E Sky Sim controller separately for the Heli models, and still no control. This makes no sense to me, why work with one FMS version and not another?. Any suggestions?

---------------------------------------
Any RC Plane, Heli or Car ... give me 10 minutes and I'll crash it.
websterphreak

Postby des white » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am

When in calibration mode helicopters use channels 5- 8 not 1- 4. If you use the Esky transmitter then the seq for the channel numbers is 42134213 not 1-8. Note that you also need to tick inv on all channels.

Hope this helps
des white

Conflicting control functions on many posts

Postby websterphreak » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:24 pm

[quote="des white"]When in calibration mode helicopters use channels 5- 8 not 1- 4. If you use the Esky transmitter then the seq for the channel numbers is 42134213 not 1-8. Note that you also need to tick inv on all channels.

Hope this helps[/quote]

I'm a bit confused. While I'm relatively new to Heli's (I've been around gas fixed wing RC for years) I've seen numerous postings referring to the Throttle (lift) and Yaw being on the Right joystick controller, and Rudder with forward/back on the Left stick. Every electric RTF Heli I have bought so far to learn on has be the opposite! What's going on here?

I have a Walkera Contra-rotating Bell 400, a DragonFly 4(ch) Fixed Pitch and a Kyosho 6 ch. All use the same control config - Throttle and Yaw on the Left stick. Even the new crop of ultra-micro 2ch heli's are this same control configuration! What, are things backwards in Europe as usual? ;^)
Any RC Plane, Heli or Car ... give me 10 minutes and I'll crash it.
websterphreak

Return to Joystick-Interface