[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - virtual usb joystick

virtual usb joystick

Postby spamkiller » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:03 am

Hi !
I am looking for sample code for a virtual joystick driver under windows (wdm). Has somebody writen such a piece of code that he is willing to share ?

Please help!
spamkiller

Postby Silly me » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:03 am

Silly me

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:44 am

There is a driver called PPJoy, which I tested a couple of weeks ago. See the . I have written a small C++ program that reads the data from a Serial PIC interface, and sends it to PPJoy using the IOCntl routines under PPJoy. It works well under FMS, Microsoft Flight Sim 98 and a couple of other games on my PC. However, I was unable to get it to work on RealFlight G2. In RealFlight, I do not have elevator control.

Maybe someone out here can create better software to interface the Serial PIC interface with PPJoy.

For more info, please visit my web page to downlod the Fms2PPJoy program and links to PPJoy driver. The zip file includes all the source code files I used in Visual C++ (Visual Studio 6).
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Koen » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:52 am

see my post under the parallel interface forum.
I did the same for the parallel interface (less cost, less hassle, only a resistor and a zener) as you did for the serial pic interface.
The problem with channel 3 you are seeing is the same I encountered, I think the PPJoy interface is just advertising too many analog channels to windows and the programs / calibration utility don't understand it correctly.
Look at my code for "trial and error" found correct channel mappings.
Koen

Postby dano2000 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:58 pm

As a newbie.. you guys sound like you know what you are talking about, so if I may ask a question?

How can I get a Realflight Classic controller(gameport) to work with FMS?
I try and get the plane to work ok, but when I fly a helicopter nothing really seems to work.

Is there software out there that will let me use my Gameport Controller in FMS with the helecopters?
Anyway thanks for your time
dano2000

Postby aeropal » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:26 pm

-
aeropal

Return to Joystick-Interface