[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - C-119 Flying Boxcar challenge

C-119 Flying Boxcar challenge

C-119 Flying Boxcar challenge

Postby PatrickRomero » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 pm

are there any C-119 Flying Boxcar models for FMS? if not, would anybody be interested in making a model of it? the plans for it can be found at http://www.suchoj.com/galerie/index.htm ... erie.shtml
PatrickRomero

Postby robinhood02 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:30 pm

i built a Fairchild-C-119 for FMS but it is not skinned it is simply painted ,however i did enclose a generic skin with the zip file.
ive never been able to skin for some reason with Metq it skins in metq but when it is opened in FMS it does not show the skin , only the base color lmao,i see gunner seems to do well with skins so ill see if he will skin it for me and tweak the par as a co-built
robinhood02

C-119

Postby PatrickRomero » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:18 pm

I bet that the C-119 must have been really hard to make. How long did it take?
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby robinhood02 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 am

ive built about 150 FMS models over the years and so have become quite quick with Metq ,that C-119 took me bout 4 hrs to do ,im gonna do an A-90 now just for the challenge but i am only able to paint my models due to some thing in Metq that i must not be doin right ??? so i gave up years ago tryin to skin them
garrygunner gave me a link to upload models to, but i would like to find someone to skin them and tweak the par files first so we'll see what he says about co-building some of my models before i post them
i would say to date the hardest model ive ever created was a cartoon flying model of Peter Pan chaseing Tinkrbelle with some pixy dust floating around with them too LMAO
anyways if someone has found a really really tough plane to make, i would gladly give it a kik for you ???
robinhood02

Postby ggunners » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Your skin .bmp files must be a multiple of 256x256. So the skin file must be 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 or 2048x2048. I usually keep mine in the 512 or 1024 range as they provide the best compatibility with older graphics cards and still provide decent image map resolution.

-- ggunners
ggunners

hard plane

Postby PatrickRomero » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 pm

If you want a hard plane to build, you should try the Spruce Goose( aka H-4 hercules) or perhaps some of my designs in the Google Sketchup 3D warehouse. (there is no real need to make the Hughes H-1, as it is already in FMS, unless you wish to make an alpha model of it) Here is the link to my sketchup designs.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0

Just to inform you, Sketchup can export bitmap images, so you can have the plans just by putting the view mode into parallel projection, then going to camera, then going down to main views, and picking any of the views aside from "iso".
Patrick Romero
PatrickRomero

Postby robinhood02 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 am

multiples of 256 eh ??? ill have to try that ,,funny thing bout my skinning prob , while the file is in Metq it shows the skin and the color but when i save it to x file and play it in FMS the color is there but the skin is not i guess ill go check out the size possability
thanks gunner
robinhood02

Postby TreeHugger » Fri May 01, 2009 9:16 pm

TreeHugger

Postby ggunners » Sat May 02, 2009 1:56 am

ggunners

Return to Models