[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby Boxed » Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:20 am

Hi,

Does anyone know a good way to interface a microprocessor to the joystick port of a PC?
I found out that one can use an 'digital potentiometer' which is a chip that can be serial controlled and has 4 digital resister in it.

I have seen a german site where they sold an trainer-joystick interface based on an atmel uc, that had a little circuit witch a transistor and some other components between the uc and the joystick port (i forgot the url of the site).

Does anyone know an other cheap and small way to accomplish this?
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Vitaly » Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:45 am

[url=http://www.rcdesign.ru/rus/electronics/rc2joy/

Sorry,]http://www.rcdesign.ru/rus/electronics/rc2joy/

Sorry,[/url] english translation is not ready yet.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:55 pm

Wow,

This looks very cool to me!!!
I just clicked the right link (in russian) and downloaded the .zip file with the source and everything in it....

When you've got the translation complete, can you send an email to me?

The very best regards,
Richard Gerrits
The Netherlands
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Vitaly » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:03 pm

When english translation will be ready, it will be published at english part of website. But I can't promiss any deadlines.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:38 pm

Oke, i'm looking forward to that moment :-)

Boxed
Boxed

Postby schumi » Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:06 pm

I'am looking forward too, for it! :)
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby Vitaly » Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:23 pm

Translation is ready. Download that file again.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Fri Nov 09, 2001 8:42 pm

The file that i downloaded (rc2joy.zip) doesn't contain english documentation, is this the wrong file?
Boxed

Postby schumi » Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:19 pm

Please link the download!
BIG THX ;)
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby Vitaly » Sat Nov 10, 2001 7:38 am

Vitaly

Postby schumi » Sat Nov 10, 2001 8:36 am

Wow, that's it!
THX. If I have a question about this adapter, can I ask you? Is it easy to build it, or not? ;) :)
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby schumi » Sat Nov 10, 2001 9:21 am

Have you a list about all parts I need for building? And how get I the firmware on it? Need help for it!
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby Boxed » Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:05 am

Thank you very mych for the translation, it's a lot better than the one i got from the online tranlation services...:-)

Just one question before i can build it, i can't buy the transistor KT3102 here. With what transistor can i replace it?
Boxed

Postby schumi » Sat Nov 10, 2001 11:55 am

HEy Boxed!
You are from NL, right? Do you speak german too?
Hope so, I've many questions about this, I think you undertand that! :)
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
FMS-forum

schumi

Postby Vitaly » Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:02 pm

To Boxed:
KT3102 is a russian NPN transistor with beta > 100. You can use any andlog with same characteristics.

To Schumi:
I don't know, how easy will it be for you to build such adapter. I can say, that when assembled properly, it requires no tuning. Firmware is included in archive. Read the documentation carefully for all details. I have no partlist with exact details specs. Try to make partlist yourself from schematic.
Vitaly

Next

Return to Joystick-Interface