[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Linux R/C PIC driver with FlightGear

Linux R/C PIC driver with FlightGear

Linux R/C PIC driver with FlightGear

Postby johanvdb » Thu May 04, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi

A few people have asked for a Linux version of FMS, including myself. Since nothing was happening, and I had recently deleted my Windows partition (first thing that goes when I need some space ;) ), I decided to investigate the possibility to use my controller with serial cable in Linux with FlightGear.

Well, after developing a kernel module for the serial pic to allow Linux to see the R/C as a Joystick, I am now extremely happy to report that it works 100% with my NO-NAME brand helicopter and R/C (I think it is a colco release in SA under the name CYCLONE). The transmitter is connected using a serial cable that came with the package.

It runs at 19200 baud, and syncs using a single byte every seven bytes with the byte 255.

It's even more realistic than I ever imagined. Using the helicopter model that ships with FlightGear, I was able to set up all the controls to effectively mimic the real life effect as close as possible.

The driver is available as a source download from and was compiled and tested with FC3 with the latest update kernel (remember to install the kernel-devel packages for the module to compile), and FC5 with latest update, so it should theoretically work with everything in between. I know it won't work for any kernel below 2.6.12, as there was a change in the serio subsystem that will only work with later kernels.

Shoud anyone require assistance, feel free to drop me a mail or chat on ICQ.

Johan van den Berg
johanvdb

Postby wehttamb » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:37 am

Hi

can you please upload the driver somewhere because the link does not work

Thanks

wehttamb
wehttamb

Postby johanvdb » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:26 am

Hmmm, seems to have been lost during transfer of ISP's. I'll have the code on an older machine somewhere, will put it back up as soon as I can, and let you know.

Regards
johanvdb

Postby wehttamb » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:04 am

wehttamb

Postby Kevinator_9 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:21 am

Kevinator_9

Postby wehttamb » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:01 am

wehttamb

Return to General Discussions