[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby JIV » Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:18 am

Version 1.1 of firmware contains a bug in interrupt handling, that can cause big glitches
in FMS, so, I recommend to use firmware 1.0 :
[url=]ftp://ftp.rcdesign.ru/pub/firmware/RC-Joy_1.0.zip

Yura[/url] Vanin
JIV

Postby schumi » Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:26 pm

Here is an other Gameport Adapter:

bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby Vitaly » Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:19 pm

Schumi, last site doesn't contsins firmware too.

To be exact, I mean the project without digital resistors.

Who can try previous JIV's firmware ? It should work better.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Tue Nov 20, 2001 9:19 pm

I think that you should mail the designer of the adapter for the frimware.
The firmware wasn't in the download-list
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby schumi » Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:07 am

bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby Boxed » Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:29 pm

Well, since there are 3 gameport adapter projects. And the small one without the digital resitors is the 3rd one, i think that this is the sourcecode for the one with the digital resistors....
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Vitaly » Wed Nov 21, 2001 4:14 pm

Will anyone try to burn rc2joy firmware from ?

That can solve the problem.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:31 pm

Jep i'll try it, but first i need to build a programmer :)
Boxed

Postby Boxed » Sat Nov 24, 2001 5:08 pm

Ok, i've tried out the firmware version 1.0. And the interface stopt glitching :)

Now i'm designing a PCB for the interface. There won't be any buttons on it, and i've replaced the ISP programming part for an other.
Boxed

Postby Boxed » Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:17 am

I've just made a (single layer) PCB for the rc2joy. I've left away the button and the programming part. It works perfect with firmware 1.0. Is anyone interrested in this PCB?
Boxed

Postby solo » Mon Dec 24, 2001 7:25 pm

hi,

has anyone who managed to complete this adapter been able to use it with the other " free" simulator software "PRE-flight" .

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/atv/preflight001.htm

Regards and seasons greetings to all.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby Boxed » Thu Dec 27, 2001 4:28 pm

Well i've just tried the joystick interface on the PRE-flight sim. And i think that it could work just fine, but i was able to fly the pits only once (with throttle and elevator reversed) before it crashed. I think the control interface of PRE-flight sim sucks.

oops, i allmost forgot:

The best wishes for the new year

(Edited by Boxed at 5:29 pm on Dec. 27, 2001)
Boxed

Postby solo » Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:39 pm

I agree Fms is the better.

Preflight has certain feature not easily available in FMS eg wind, change models wt., change gyro sensitivity, alter difficulty factor etc. The interface is more flexible once u go into it in more detail eg change transit time, def. etc.

Bye the way i am not connected to preflight in any shape or form what so ever. My veiw is why not use both as they come free!!!!:)

Wishing the very best to everybody for the new year.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby johnhlong » Fri Dec 28, 2001 4:23 am

Does preflight do helicopters?

Where do you get it?

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802