FMS not responding to Transmitter

FMS not responding to Transmitter

Postby RTD » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:22 am

Hi,

Sorry if this question is already been answered on the Forum but I have not been able to find it.

I have a Walkera RC4 Dragonfly elec. helicopter and am trying to get the transmitter that came with it to work with the FMS software.

I have been able to get the computer to register signals from the transmitter on "Mad About Interfaces - Serial Pic Tester".

I am running PPjoyCom and this seems to also be working fine. I've got it configured as a Virtual joystick and it is reading the serial stream fine on COM1 no worries. This works when I have the serial protocol set as:
Zhen Hua 5
FMS PIC 9600 baud (generic)
FMS PIC 9600 baud (0xF)+ sync)

I am using the cable that came with the helicopter which plugs into the serial port.

I am using FMS version 2.0 Alpha 8.5. I can fly the models using the keyboard but when I try to use the analogue controls nothing happens. I have tried to calibrate the transmitter, using the Joystick interface and the Serial PIC-interface but none of them respond (the blue bars do nothing)

I have tried to use FMS v2.0 beta 7. But this doesn't seem to wok at all on my computer. I cant even see the models or fly with the keyboard!

I am using Windows XP operating system.

So basically I feel there is something amiss with the FMS program itself, but I have no idea what. I only think this as I am able to make the transmitter respond to the testers, although I tried using WinScope and RCAudio but I couldnt get either of these to work.

Please if someone could help me that would be great. I have spent hours and hours trying to solve this - reading forums and testing software.

Thanks
Ralph :roll:
RTD

Thanks

Postby RTD » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:27 am

Hi there. Problem solved!!!

Whilst waiting for a reply I have been searching the forum more and found the answer I needed in the following post:

problem with the joystick- WK-0701 at the simulation

I had forgotten that I also had SmartPropoPlus running and that was conflicting with PPJoyCom. The post tells you to remove winmm.dll from the FMS directory...and wallah it all works! - FMS now recognises the transmitter and can be calibrated... Now I just have to learn how to fly!

Hope this can help someone else too.

Cheers
Ralph
RTD

Return to Windows-Version