mapping not working

mapping not working

Postby scratch » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:09 pm

I have FMS version 8 and have used it for months. Mapping/calibration no longer works. The calibration section shows movement on channel 6. 7. &8. Mapping is set correctly. I recently installed real flight G3.5. could this affect FMS? I use a futaba trans on usb port. realflight was disconnected from port. Still doesn' work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Also tried version 7. Still does not work.
scratch

Postby FreeFlier » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:34 pm

On my self-assembled system neither FMS or any of the several (lightweight) sims that I have will work properly with RealFlight hooked-up; it did take a while to accept this fact. I searched for quite a while to find a USB adapter - large female/small female - to connect and disconnect RealFlight from a USB cable, always hooked up but usually not used, except for my Castle Link, or of course RealFlight.

It appears that all of the sims running through my RC Joy USB adapter are affected by RealFlight, and one way or another RealFlight must be disconnected when any of these are used; AFPD is not affected, I guess this would be obvious.

This is what I had to do - others may have different ideas that work.

Good luck.

Stew
FreeFlier

Postby scratch » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:55 pm

Thanks; when you say realflight disconnected what do you mean? I have tried removing the USB cord with no luck.
scratch

Postby scratch » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Further, with realflight cord connected nothing seems to work properly on calibrate. With cord disconnected, I mapped channels 1, 2, 3, 4, the stick movements show up on 3, 4, 5, 6. ?????
scratch

Postby scratch » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:23 pm

Went into game controllers- advanced and selected USB under device to use with older programs. Everything is now fine even with realflight cord connected you nust have transmitter on while opening FMS. Perhaps some one can explain why this works??
scratch

Postby GHTU » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

GHTU

Return to General Discussions