[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - USB interface problem solved.

USB interface problem solved.

USB interface problem solved.

Postby PAFOS » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:25 am

I recently bought a SIM USB interface lead set Off E Bay which came from Hong Kong. It was very cheap!!. I pluggged it into the PC and Windows loaded the USB driver so all good so far. I then pluged it into my JR transmitter then fired up FMS. Went to calibrate it and set up the flight control channels BUT nothing was happening when I waggled the sticks. I had a quick scan on this forum only to find that a number of other people had the same problem. So what was wrong?
I checked with an Oscilloscope that the transmitter was sending data to the USB interface so I was about to give up when I had an inspired moment. My Radio is set to PCM modulation so I changed it over to PPM modulation and tried again. This time I got a response in FMS but not what was wanted. I then went into the Control Panel on the PC and opened up the Game Controller settings. I went through the complete calibration and set up procedure and then went back to FMS and did the calibration again but this time everthing was just fine and I had a perfect working system.
So I hope that this has answered a few questions for our members. If you do use PCM modulation to fly your real model be sure to change it over from PPM or it will not work !!!.
To re-cap
Ensure your TX is in PPM mode.
Plug into PC
Calibrate using the Game Controller in Control Panel
Turn on FMS and set up channels and calibrate as per normal.
:D :D :D
PAFOS

Need help!

Postby hunk_ktm » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi,
I am pretty much new to this forum. I need help regarding the same problem what you had,but the my R/C transmitter is of walkera 4ch one and it does not has a switch to change the modulation(I don't know what modulation it works on). I also bought the same cheap cable(what you got) from ebay(hongkong). The cable when connected to PC is detected as PPM->->-> joystick. And I guess my R/C transmitter is not detected in FMS with this cable. Any help will be appreaciated. I tried PPjoy and PICjoy...didn't understand much of it, regarding how it can help me.
Thanks.
Hunk_ktm
Njoy!
hunk_ktm

HELP

Postby hunk_ktm » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey hi,
Found out that the heli transmitter is a 4ch PPM, as he link here will let you know more .
Since it is in PPM mode,it should have work with the SIM cable but it does not. Has it to do with wiring and n all??. The site also says that the receiver is in PCM mode. I haven't found anyone who has a SIM cable working for their 4Ch dragonfly..Hopefully someone comes up with a solution.
Njoy!
hunk_ktm

Return to Joystick-Interface