Futaba 10T and USB

Futaba 10T and USB

Postby WSWhitby » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi All,
My first post I hope some one can help
Hear goes I have a Futaba 10 T transmitter and I am unable to purchase a USB lead that uses the new
square buddy extension lead. I have tried two and neither work. I am informed by Ripmax in the UK
that the Futaba 10T uses an interface of only 3.5 volts and most if not all USB interface leads require
5v. Two questions, is this correct and the reason why I am unable to get either of the two interface cables so far purchased to work ? But
more importantly where if any where can I buy one that works. PC is high speck and system is Windows 7.

Regards and Hopes John
WSWhitby

Re: Futaba 10T and USB

Postby ggunners » Mon May 17, 2010 4:24 pm

If it is true that the voltage is only 3.7v, then it will be very tough for software to see a logic 1 at 3.7 volts when it is expecting it between 4.5 volts and 5.5 volts. The 3.7 volts may actually be considered zero.

If you are very good at fiddling around, you can take the signal out of the training port into a mono audio cable and plug the result into your microphone and/or line in jack of your sound card. You can then use SmartPropo to see if it will decode the resulting audio signal.

Without having the transmitter, it will be very hard for someone else to figure this out.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Re: Futaba 10T and USB

Postby WSWhitby » Mon May 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for your take on my problem. I would still like to hear from some one with a solution. I am sure that world wide I am not the only person who has difficulties interfacing the Futaba 10C with the Windows games port or maybe I am ! So I hope Futaba Engineers some times visit earth and log on to your excellent Forum. I watch this space with hope.

Thanks again

John
WSWhitby

Return to General Discussions