[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Hypterterm displays data, but FMS does not react

Hypterterm displays data, but FMS does not react

Postby Gerald » Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:37 am

Dear all,

I built a FMS Interface with the PIC 16C84 and the interface is sending data correctly:

19200 - FF 89 88 88 98 88 83 90 88 FF....

(I have seen this with an external power supply and a terminal emulation software named procomm plus and also hypterterminal in characters).

My FMS is configured for the same com and speed (PIC 19200, ...), but when I try to calibrate, the blue controls do not move.

Can you help?

Sincerely
Gerald
Gerald

Postby Mike Roberts » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:18 pm

Gerald
Check out my detailed setup instructions on my website below.

I would also be interested to know more about procomm - is it freeware? and what settings you used on Hyperterminal.

Cheers
:D
Mike Roberts

Postby Gerald » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:58 pm

Dear Mike,
thank you for your fast answer. I checked your web page before I asked this question - I found no solution.
Procomm is not free. Our company bought it from www.qdeck.com for approx. 100 Euro. In procomm, I have a window, where I can see the received hex values. So, what can be wrong with the interface, when I receive exactly the signals, which are documented?
In hypertrm, I used 19200/8/N/1, but I can not be sure, that the received characters are correct (in procomm, I can).
One thing: On my PC, I have only com3 and com4 because of my bios configuration. I have the interface connected on com4, which is working with the irq-Interface and hypertrm.
Can you help to get the FMS receiving this signals?
Gerald

Postby Vitaly » Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:11 am

Can you check the cable on another computer with FMS? Is it the problem of cable or of software?
Vitaly

Postby Mike Roberts » Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:46 pm

Gerald

The character train you detected looks fine. Hence I assumed your problem is setup rather than hardware. I presume that COM4 is an option when you go to the resources menu in FMS. Have you tried com3? One user of my interfaces had a problem with com 3 or 4 and only soled it by swapping things round. Sorry I cannot remember any more details.

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby Gerald » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:49 am

Dear Mike,

you are right. I testet the interface on another PC (with COM1) and it works.

Gerald
Gerald

Return to PIC Interface