[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PIC proggtammer

PIC proggtammer

Postby bronxbombr » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:04 am

I just bought this programmer from ebay

how can i program a pic 16F84a,16F84, and 12c508 chips?
bronxbombr

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:46 am

If you mean you want to load some existing hex code you got from somewhere into a PIC then plug programmer into PC, plug PIC into programmer and run what ever programming software you're using e.g. ICPROG as mentioned in that auction. You usually need to select the device type, load the hex file and then program the PIC. The programming s/w should have detailed instructions.

If you mean that you want to write new programs for PIC microcontrollers you probably have some learning to do. What's your background in electronics and programming ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby bronxbombr » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:55 pm

i want to find a hex and program the PICs but other than that i have attempted to create my own PIC programmer here is the link to the schematic

I use the program IC-Prog and after programming, device verify fails and gives me the following message Verify fails at 0000h.and when reading chip all locations are cleared to zero. It sometimes even gives me a 0005h error message but only while verifying the device. anyone got a solution or at least can tell me what the error means?
bronxbombr

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:50 pm

Hi

I can not help you with your specific programmer, but if you get to the point where you want to give up, I've got a cheap and simple programmer you can build yourself for the PIC 16C84/16F84. Unfortunately, it can not program the 12C508/9 range. Have a look on my web, there are also some hex code downloads for different chips.

Keep on trying...
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby bronxbombr » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:02 pm

like i said in a previous post i had built a programmer which looks like it write and erase device but fails on verify 0000h address and sometime i get a fail verify on 0005h address. I am using the program IC-Prog. Just experimenting on my own programmer. but now i have this one

and i want to make a PIC serial interface that will work with FMS and maybe even realflight. I am still in need of the hex codes to program the PIC too. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Eric I am constanly checking out your page, its a good reference tool for me. thanks dude
bronxbombr

Return to PIC Interface