[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - )how can make sure the PIC interface is working - please help

)how can make sure the PIC interface is working - please help

Postby rex » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:06 am

I was builded the PIC interface with PIC16F84A and use the D sub 9Pin connector,programed the hex file for my PIC16F84A,(*download from ).the interface circuit also from the R/C Design web site....
there are no error between programming process,I was download the test program (*download from )for test my PIC interface,
my TX is Futaba SkySport4, I connected the PIC interface TO ComPort(9PIN) plug ,put the 6 pin MIDI connector(for futaba)into TX plug,and make sure all circuit and hex Program are correct, but it's doesn't work in test porgram or FMS Analog Control screen!
but there are something can make sure:
1.the interface circuirt work with 5.5v from RTS DC CONVERT(vcc to GND)
2.the ComPort assign which one I was plug in(ex.com1)
3.the Hex file for PIC16F84,and porgramming process,I can read them by winpic programer program from PIC,the programer hardware is reference
4.the TX side training plug wired is correct(2 to signal,4/5 short,6&7 are GND)
now,It still doesn't work,who can help me for this little interface............
rex

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:03 pm

Rex

Yes it works using power from the serial port. You can check this with a volt meter. Your connections seem fine - except I just use the screen for ground at the Tx connector.

Check your setup. I have detailed instructions on my website below. Go to R/C Projects>FMS>PIC Serial> Setup.

If you are still stuck you will need a scope to check you are getting a clean signal to the PIC input and that ist sends 1 byte of serial data every pulse.

Cheers

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Return to PIC Interface