[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Futaba Skysport 6A and Win 98 - PIC Serial Interface~

Futaba Skysport 6A and Win 98 - PIC Serial Interface~

Postby throttle_up » Sat May 03, 2003 6:45 pm

I recently purchased a BlackMax PIC serial interface to use with my Futaba Skysport 6A. I'm using win 98 and beta 7 version of FMS. When I go to calibrate the controls are not reconized, at least it does and says nothing. I have made sure that the channel asignments are correct (mode II).
In troubleshooting I also downloaded Eric Brouwer's interface tester. I get plenty of jumping around of data but at times the "No signal present" comes on. I have the transmitter on during these calibration runs. I have also tried my Hitec Flash 4 and Hitec Eclipse 7 with no luck. Is this a bios problem and if so what do I change? How do I check the outputs of the interface?
Thanx!
throttle_up

Postby Eric Brouwer » Sun May 04, 2003 5:34 pm

With the PIC Interface Test software, you should ensure that the serial port is set up to 19200 baud.

Further, does the interface behave irratic with all sticks centre, or only when one or more sticks are moved to there max/min positions?

I do not know your transmitter. Does the interface work with the transmitter switched off? I know with JR radio's, the transmitter should be left off, otherwise the interface will not work.

Lastly, are you using the interface on a notebook?
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby throttle_up » Sun May 04, 2003 10:53 pm

Eric thanx for your reply, I have it set up with 19200 baud with correct port settings. As of right now I don't get any indication of connectivity. Both FMS and the interface tester have no movement. I have a Gateway tower 400 mhz and a vodoo banchee 3D Fx video card; 512k ram etc. I have tried it with the transmitter off on crystal no crystal etc. At this point I'm not sure what the problem is. I have checked the pins at my serial ports and have these outputs:
Pins 1,2,6,8,9 all are at .15vdc Pins 3,4,6,7 are at 11.06vdc.
Does power come from the transmitter or pin 2 of the serial port and if so .15vdc doesn't sound like enough power.
Thanx!
Mark
throttle_up

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon May 05, 2003 6:41 am

Hi Mark

With a PIC interface, you should get the following readings on your 9 pin plug when using pin 5 as ground. Remember to do this test with FMS or my test software running.
- Pin 4 should be between -3V to -15V.
- Pin 7 should be between +3V to +15V.
- With no signal connected, pin 2 should be almost the same as pin 4.

Other pins are not used on the interface.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Return to PIC Interface