[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Almost Working! NEED HELP!!

Almost Working! NEED HELP!!

Postby ginnz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:59 pm

hi, im fairly new to rc.... so please bear with me.

i bought an art tech 4 channel plane a few weeks ago, i also got a sim cable with it, it's got an e-fly 72 mghz radio, with the sound card type plug in.

anyways i get it all set up, get fms, smartpropo(newest) and proceed, i get a signal! i calibrate and all channels are working but very glitchy, jumping all around, finally i try it, it seems everything is working alright except the twitching is making it unconrollable.im using the futaba ppm dll as the jr one did not respond at all.
i tries adjusting volume levels and didnt get any different results. can someone help me out?

im running xp pro sp2 on a athlon 3300 with soundblaster 24 bit card.

tia. ginnz!
ginnz

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:32 am

Hi Ginnz, Welcome!
I'm the guy now working on this SmartPropo piece of software, so you have come to the right place.
Let's sort out things one-by-one.
Your Tx is ShenZhen ART-TECH. Right?
Now, I think it is a PPM Tx, so if you are using my latest , there is a single PPM file. If you have a separate PPM file for JR/Futaba you are using an older version of SmartPropo - which is also very good.
The callibration session you describe seems to be OK. It takes FMS a few seconds to callibrate itself, and the blue bars are jumpy while callibrating.
Now let's go to your flight twitching. Do you mean that your model changes course without a reason? That it stops for a moment and then resumes? that it overreact to your movements? These are all different things.
The frist case indicates that the signal coming from your Tx is bad or that your SmartPropo is buggy.
The second indicates a computer momentary hang-up (usually due to video-card memory problem)
The third means that the model you are using is the culprite, try to move to a gentler model (e.g. Magister).
Please keep me posted.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby ginnz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:17 am

Hi,

my transmitter is from art -tech 4 channel cessna (shenzhen), the newer style 72mghz one.....

and you know, i was using the older dll, cause i tried the newer one and it didnt work.then i tried again after you mention the single ppm file, and it seems to work better than the older one! :D

and it seems like some models just fall out of the sky, like the cessna i got with the plane, the cd had fms,smartpropo,and a couple models, one being the cessna..... and most others are jery glitchy. but, theres this one model i found somewhere, of a tornado, and its in bigger size? it flies like a dream. i cant figgure it out, why does that one model work so well and the others not good at all?

and my pc should have plenty o power, 1 gig of ddr2 memory and 256 megs of ddr2 on the video card.geforce 6800 gt.

oh, and how can i fly and use sound without hearing the BRRRAP from my radio? if i mute the mic in i lose signal?

thanks for all your help, i apprciate it alot.

ginnz!
ginnz

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:46 am

Hi,
If one model works and another does not, then we will have to look for the differences between the models. Perhaps the model that does fly has only 3 channels? Perhaps it has a different channel mapping (I doubt it)?
As for the terrible noise - Mute the SPEAKERS rather than the microphone. Oh, are you connected the microphone? Then try connecting to the other audio-in socket, the mic input is usually too sensitive to be connected directly to the Tx.
I plan to make SmartPropo silence the speakers automatically - so this problem will be solved.

Keep me posted
Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby phildc » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:08 am

Try looking at your audio (mike?) input with:

Select interface=audio in the menu, and press 'MONITOR'

NB: This soft works independently from smartpropo.
phildc

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:48 am

His input works just fine, and I recommend that the Tx will not be connected to the MIC input. So this software will hot help here.
I have a little piece of SW that does show the value of each channel. It was written for my own purposes, but you can try it if you give me your email address.

Shaul
shaul_eiz

Postby phildc » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:43 am

phildc

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:18 am

shaul_eiz

Postby ginnz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:55 pm

i had my transmitter hooked up to the mic jack at first, then changed over to line in.

its almost like maybe im getting "noise" from other aspects of my system?

my email address is: zeuss@mts.net

tia. ginnz.
ginnz

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:10 pm

No, you are getting the noise from the transmitter. Just turn it off and you'll see.
shaul_eiz

Postby aeropal » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:19 pm

Last edited by aeropal on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeropal

Postby ginnz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:18 pm

ok. it seems the problem, for the most part lies in the models im trying, i just dl a couple cessna from a different site and they seem to work very well, the odd time the plane will just fall out of the sky, but not too often. it seems i need to recalibrate quite often. i'd sum it up to crappy electronics(e-fly transmitter)

oh well. this is my first plane(not inc. my firebird scout(s) which. imho are NOT planes. junk)

ill build my next one, get a real transmitter, servos, all that jaz.

thanks all!

Ginnz.:D :)
ginnz

Postby shaul_eiz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:32 pm

Good, crashing an FMS model is not as painful as crashing the real thing.
Yes, get yourself a better transmitter and join us with this hobby!
I have a simple 4-ch JR and a fancy Sanwa RD8000 and they both are just great. You hardly ever need more than 4 channels anyway.
Hope we were useful, and don't hesitate to post questions when they arise, and they will.
shaul_eiz

Postby phildc » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:47 pm

phildc

Postby ginnz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:18 pm

ginnz

Next

Return to General Discussions