Incomplete model download.

Incomplete model download.

Postby jonrcflier » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:49 am

Greetings from the great NorthWest,

This is my first posting: I usually just search forums or FAQ's for answers to questions or problems, but I have not found a definitive answer to my FMS problem. I know someone out there can provide the answer.
I am running Win XP, Home edition. I had not run FMS for many weeks and just recently became aware of the fact that a newer version is available. So, I dutifully removed the old version and installed the new one; Version 2.0, Alpha 8.5. The problem is that only six of the models will install . . . the older version had fifteen or sixteen, I believe. Why can't I get the full hanger of models to download?
jonrcflier

Postby ggunners » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:55 am

If you want to keep the old models around too, then you need to copy the Model directory of version 2.7 to another location before deleting it.

Version 2.8.5 will fly both 2.7 and 2.8 versions of models. Those designed for FMS 2.8 have a new and improved .par file that makes ground handling, wind effects, landing and flight physics more realistic. There are hundreds of models for 2.8.5 so start downloading. :D

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby jonrcflier » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:08 am

Thanks for the info. I'll start searching.
jonrcflier

Return to Windows-Version