[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:48 pm

Would it be an idea to open a "root post" for the making of this trainer-to-gameport adapter? i think it will get more attention and more people will get know this adapter...

By the way, does anyone have the abillity to make a PCB for this trainer-to-gameport adapter? i think a SMD version should fit in the joystickport case (without the programming part).

To Vitaly:

If i don't want the ISP part in the gameport adapter (and don't try to program it) i think i don't need C1, J1 and R2, right? Because these components are only necessary if i want to program the 2313 in the circuit.

(Edited by Boxed at 4:00 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby chocks away » Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:51 pm

Thanks Johnlong, my brain has stopped hurting now.
chocks away

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 12, 2001 3:19 pm

to Vitaly:

If i don't want any buttons on this adapter, what will i do with the button pins on the gameport connector?
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Vitaly » Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:44 pm

This button is required for "joystick" calibration, when you use 4-chanel transmitter. If your transmitter has at least 5 chanels, then button can be skipped. During calibretion, when windows asks to push buton, you should switch additional TX chanel (or move addtional control).
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:40 pm

I have buildt the adapter, and it works half......

The sticks on the left side of the transmitter (with me these are throttle and gas) works great. but the sticks on the right side of the transmitter (that will be elevation and aileron) don't work very fine. When i pull the stick up, both the channels will go up (you can see it very clearly in FMS) and when ik pull to the left, one goes up and the other goes down....

I have checked the wiring and that's oke...

Do you know what is can be Vitaly?

(Edited by Boxed at 7:40 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)
Boxed

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:45 pm

Ok, that wasn't very difficult. I forgot to switch off my v-tale mixer :-)

The adapter works great, but has real nasty glitches. My heli bumps up and down in FMS....

Vitaly, Would it help if i placed some capasitors from the x1, x2, y1, y2 channels to the ground?

(Edited by Boxed at 9:37 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)
Boxed

Postby Vitaly » Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:46 pm

No, capasitors at x1, x2, y1 & y2 not required, because signal at that pins is not digital. Please, describe exactly the glitches you have, operation system, processor and so on.
Vitaly

Postby Boxed » Tue Nov 13, 2001 8:23 am

I have an athlon 1200 on an MSI KT7 turbo motherboard. I use the gameport of my SB live 1024 soundcard. And i run FMS in windows XP (without the fisherprice skin ;-) I use a futaba FC-16 transmitter.

When i calibrate FMS (or the windows joystick calibration) the bars for each channel blinks, and spikes in an randomly order. When flying a helicopter in FMS, the heli hops around in the air. I think that the movement of the axis sometimes jumps to the full range and is than corrected to the coordinate to where the stick is located......

Unfortunately i don't have a scope to view the signal, so i'm not sure...
Boxed

Postby Boxed » Thu Nov 15, 2001 8:06 am

Vitaly, do you know what can cause those ghlitches?

In the documentation you noticed that there were some small glitches, but not noticeble in computer programs....
So your heli does not jump around in FMS?
Boxed

Postby LYHTSPD » Sun Nov 18, 2001 3:04 am

I just finished my joystick adapter and i am seeing the same glitches on all channels as Boxed... any help Vitaly?
LYHTSPD

Postby schumi » Mon Nov 19, 2001 8:19 am

Hi @ll!
I have found an other Gameport Interface!
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 19, 2001 8:28 am

It seems to me that the problem is in the software. Because (you can see this in realflight) when a glitch occurs, all the channels seem to go to the full range.

Vitaly, could you please look at this?
Boxed

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 19, 2001 8:32 am

Yep, you've seen this interface (aren't you moderator of that site?). But the the firmware isn't free. you have to buy the allready programmed processor.

It would be really great if that would change...... :cheesy:
Boxed

Postby schumi » Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:01 pm

Yep, you are right I'am moderator on this site! ;)
Aren't here people they can write an other firmware? Or can anyone read out the pic??
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..
schumi

Postby Boxed » Mon Nov 19, 2001 1:40 pm

Well the processor is a atmel and not a pic :), but they can be protected from reading the binary file from it. I think that the designer of this adapter would know this.
(too bad)

The program for this adapter should not be too different from the rc2joy of rcdesign.ru

An other thing i saw is a 8 bits risc processor with a usb interface especially designed for joystick applications.... sounds nice, but we just need someone who is crazy enough to write a program for it...

(Edited by Boxed at 2:44 pm on Nov. 19, 2001)
Boxed

PreviousNext

Return to Joystick-Interface