[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Installation.

Installation.

Installation.

Postby George_525 » Sat May 20, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey, I'm new here.

I have been using FMS for some time, so I downloaded the latest Alpha version. Before doing this I uninstalled the other FMS. But when it comes to installing it says its already installed, I scour my pc for any FMS files, and use windows search but still it gives me the same reply.

Any help?
George_525

Postby phildc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:34 pm

If you are familiar with regedit, you could check for residual info in the Windows registry.
On my Win98 with 7.0, I have it under:
HKEY_Current_User -> Software -> Flying-model-simulator.

Be careful with the registry!
Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:39 pm

I did a search...
Here a topic that describes this problem:

Phil.
phildc

Postby phildc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:41 pm

And, I forgot to say: "Welcome on this forum" !
phildc

Postby George_525 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Thanks, it works now!
I'm looking forward to sticking around on this forum, I like it here 8)
George_525

Postby phildc » Sat May 20, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm happy to hear that the problem is solved.
There is a lot of good stuff in this forum, just have a look in the different parts, or do 'searches'.

Phil.
phildc

cant get transmitter to work on fms

Postby rolland449 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:20 am

IM BRAND NEW TO THIS.
I CANT GET IT WORKING, CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME AT ALL.
I HAVE INSTALLED THE PROGRAM, CONNECTED THE TRANSMITTER.....NOTHING WORKS, I CANT CONTROL IT
rolland449

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:09 am

To help diagnose your problem it would be useful to have a bit more information than just "NOTHING WORKS".

What transmitter ? What interface/connection to the computer ? What PC operating system ? Which version of FMS ? Which models have you tried ? Does it work with keyboard control ?

Have you done a full mapping/calibration (under Controls/Analog Control) for your controller, whatever it is. Do the blue bars move correctly ? Did you set up the channel mapping on the LH side of the calibration screen ?

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby rolland449 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:09 pm

GOOD POINT,
I BOUGHT A COLCO CYCLONE OFF EBAY PG-03 PIEZO GYRO, WITH 6CH (4CH OCCUPIED).
THE CHOPPER CAME WITH A TRANSMITTER CABLE LINK FOR PC AND CD TO LINK ME TO THE WEB SITE AND I DOWNLOADED THE RECOMMENDED VERSION FOR WINDOWS, Version 2.0 Beta 7 (Windows 9x/ME/2000) - recommended Version.
THE SIM WORKS WITH KEY BOARD BUT WHEN I PLUG IN THE TRANSMITTER AND TURN IT ON NOTHING WORKS, ITRIED FOOLING AROUND WITH THE CONTROL SETTINGS ON THE SIM, THE BLUE BARS DO NOTHING BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IAM DOING WRONG.
I RUN WINDOWS XP, 40G, 512MB, , PLEASE HELP.
rolland449

Postby Kevinator_9 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:41 am

I'm pretty sure you need ppjoy. Here is a helpful setup site. http://hermer.co.uk/fms/
Kevinator_9

Postby rolland449 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:56 am

THANKS FOR THIS........HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT THOUGH, I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE DRIVER, WHERE DO I GO FROM THERE...

PS. I WILL BE ONLINE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY COME GET ME ON MSN OR SOMEHTIN!!
rolland449

Postby Kevinator_9 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:50 am

Click on the type of cable you are using and it will go to a setup page.
Kevinator_9

Postby rolland449 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 am

HOW DO I KNOW WHICH ONE??
rolland449

Postby Kevinator_9 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:46 pm

Look at the type of plug it shows. The endof the cable that plugs into the computer is the one you need to look at. What one does it look like?
Kevinator_9

Postby rolland449 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:31 pm

THE SMALLER ONE OF THE TWO THAT IT SHOWS ON THE WEB SITE

I HAVE DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING THAT IT SAYS AND I AM UP TO THE STAGE WHEN I HAVE SELECTED A "VIRTUAL JOYSTICK 1" AND
MY SERIAL PROTOCOL IS A "ZEN HUA 5 BYTE PROTOCOL", ITS READING THE SERIAL STREAM AND SENDING SERIAL UPDATES TO PPJOY

IS THIS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE OR SOMETHIN??[/img]
rolland449

Next

Return to Windows-Version