[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - newbie. transmitter won't work with pc

newbie. transmitter won't work with pc

newbie. transmitter won't work with pc

Postby jaystersj » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey everyone,, I just purchased a Colco Apache4 ch heli from the hobby show.. Always wanted a heli so i bought it.. Having a problem hooking up my transmitter to the computer. I installed the disk that came with it and I can open it , i can get a heli on the screen but can't use my controller to fly it. The key board works but not my controller.. any ideas? Thanks guys :x
jaystersj

hooking transmitter to pc

Postby Ray207 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:04 pm

How does your transmitter hook up to the pc? USB? Parallel or Serial or to the mic input? What ver of windows are you using? Are any instructions included on the supplied CD? I'll try to help, but I need more info
Over 3,000 hours with FMS !!
Ray207

Postby jaystersj » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:22 pm

comes with a serial cable, like that of a monitor. I'm using XP pro. It works with the key board, but not the transmitter
jaystersj

transmitter and serial conn

Postby Ray207 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 pm

OK, were there any instructions on the CD that came with the unit? If not, try going to Control Panel, then Game Controllers and follow the instructions - maybe it's configured as a serial game controller maybe on Com1, or Com2.

If you found it, you're all set, if not, try loading the FMS program then go to Controls, then select Analog Control then select each of the options and click on resourses to see if anything is being recognized, if you find something in resources that responds to you moving the controller sticks, then that is your setup so just go to configure.

If your Transmitter is sending out a sound (Freq) and trying to use the Serial port on XP systems, then it's doubtful that you'll get it to work. Many have tried (unsuccessfully to my knowledge) to use the serial and/or parallel port to interface with FMS... it just seems to be a real problem. However, a Joystick will work or a Joystick type of transmitter like the first ones produced by Dave Brown.

There is a fairly easy way to use the mic port to interface just about any FM transmitter that has buddy cord option or output that can be recognized by the Windows Sound Recorder.

Ray
Ray207

Postby jaystersj » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:20 pm

thanks,, i'll try it when i get some time... Thanks again.
jaystersj

Postby kilo whisky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi, I have a similar problem as Jaysters in that the key board signals work but I am unable to get any response from moving the sticks around.

I have XP professional but when I go to resources I can only get COM 1 as a choice. I suspect this is where my problem lies.

Ray 207 would you be able to set me in the right direction to get other COMs
kilo whisky

Postby jaystersj » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:10 am

oh and no instructions came with the cd.
jaystersj

getting your tx to work

Postby Ray207 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:07 am

you need to make sure that you have the winmm.dll file that you should have been on the cd ... put it in the same folder as your FMS.exe fiile is in.

If you did not get that file, you can download it from http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/Rc_hp2/fm ... ual_e.html

Good luck
Ray207

Lack of Com Ports

Postby kilo whisky » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks Ray 207 I wil try that later today.
kilo whisky

Can only get COM 1 in Resource selection

Postby kilo whisky » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:02 pm

Copied winmm.dll across to the FMS exec folder but still only able to bring up a selection of COM 1. Any further ideas??
kilo whisky

Using TX with FMS

Postby Ray207 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 am

I really don't know how you'll get a serial connection to work. I think the best bet for you is to use a mono jack off the two pins on the buddy box cord with a 10k ohm shunt. Then, you'll concour your challenge. Good Luck
Ray207

Postby kilo whisky » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:05 am

kilo whisky

Return to General Discussions