[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PC hangs up after a few minutes, Win XP - PC crashes

PC hangs up after a few minutes, Win XP - PC crashes

Postby Paco » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:11 pm

I've been running FMS for a few days now. I've tried the Alpha 8.3 version and now the Beta 7, and with both of them I get the same result - PC hangs up after a few minutes of flying. Everything works great; graphincs, 3D acceleration, ...but after a few minutes I have to push the reset button because the PC is totally loked up.
I've noticed that as soon as I start using this application the CPU usage rises to 100% and stays there, I think that may be the cause of the problem. Anyone has any ideas as to what I could do to lower CPU usage? Thanks a lot!
Paco

Postby infantilo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:33 pm

infantilo

Same problem - PC crashes hard after 5-10 min

Postby astobie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Just started using FMS. Everything works fine until the PC crashes and reboots itself. I also ran Perf Mon and saw that the CPU utilization pegs at 100%, even with sound off. But I also have Great Planes G2 loaded, and it crashes my PC too. Running an AMD 2.0 GHz with 512 MB Ram on XP Pro. Should be enough power - any help would be appreciated!
astobie

Same problem - PC crashes hard after 5-10 min

Postby astobie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Just started using FMS. Everything works fine until the PC crashes and reboots itself. I also ran Perf Mon and saw that the CPU utilization pegs at 100%, even with sound off. But I also have Great Planes G2 loaded, and it crashes my PC too. Running an AMD 2.0 GHz with 512 MB Ram on XP Pro. Should be enough power - any help would be appreciated!
astobie

Postby Lindsay » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:30 am

Not much to go on if there are no error messages. All of you should be checking the XP Event logs for error messages. (Rt click 'My Computer' on the desktop, lt click Manage and Event Viewer). Check the Application and System logs for errors and dbl click or google for explanations. (Good idea to do this regularly to check for problems).

astobie, sounds like yours is blue screening and restarting. Rt click My Computer then click Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery Settings/System Failure and uncheck Automatically restart. Doing this will leave the blue screen error msge on the screen. Good idea for all to do this.

Hope this narrows down the problem. Could be graphics problem.
Lindsay

Event Viewer error message - FMS crashes on XP Pro Sp2

Postby astobie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:29 am

Here's the Event Viewer error message:
Faulting application fms.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, fault address 0x00012a5b.

System Logmessage:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf000761, 0xee80cc00, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040207-09.dmp.

I will cancel autorestart to get a blue screen error. Can you answer why the CPU Utilization pegs at 100% right away?
astobie

Here's the blue screen message

Postby astobie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:57 am

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

then below:

STOP : 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFFF4, 0x00000009, 0x00000000, 0x804DA915)

very dependable blue screen - right on time! Sure would like to resolve this...thanks.
astobie

Return to Windows-Version