[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Another Vista problem

Another Vista problem

Another Vista problem

Postby sj9125 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:33 am

I didn't see if anyone had seen the problem where the screen kind of flashes and never shows the plane/heli when launched. I can see the screen (kind of) and hear the motor running but it never changes pitch. I also get a memory error and have to end task when I try to adjust the controls, I don't get it however until I click on the Joystick interface and click the resources button. The actual error is "Access violation at address 100036C7 in module 'wimmm.dll'. Read of address 0000049C."

Any takers on this one?
Phil
sj9125

Postby Lindsay » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:53 am

At least I get the proper video and sound but, like you, I get the winmm.dll error. This makes FMS with SPP a non starter. Shaul doesn't have the resources to fix this anytime soon so my advice is to look elsewhere for a working interface between Tx and FMS. I can't tell you what to get but perhaps someone else will supply an answer.

In general, for reluctant programs, try rt clicking them and going to properties and click 'Run as administrator'. This can sometimes get them going in the more security conscious environment of Vista. This is not available for dll's so winmm.dll can't be fixed this way. It looks like it is trying to access a forbidden zone and is being slapped down.
Lindsay

Postby sj9125 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Well I hate to give up since I put the other dll file in there and at least got the program to start. I have a signal on the scope and can see that the tx is connected to the computer and working... I just can't get FMS to open all the way. I'll keep trying different things to see if I can get past the white fickering screen.

Good luck to everyone.
Phil
sj9125

Postby Lindsay » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:21 am

Perhaps your video problem is not really a FMS problem as it works here. Perhaps it is your video driver or something like that? I have an ATI Pro700 and it has Vista dvrs.

I am still not hopeful with SPP, however. It could very well be that it is calling on a module that doesn't exist with Vista. Vista made big changes in how it handled audio. Hope someone proves me wrong, though!
Lindsay

Postby Lindsay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 am

Lindsay

Return to Windows-Version