[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - what is proceedure to get a pcm radio to function with pcm

what is proceedure to get a pcm radio to function with pcm

what is proceedure to get a pcm radio to function with pcm

Postby johnboi0524 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:11 am

Hello, I am new to heli flying and am trying to interface the 6 channel pcm transmitter that came with a Colco Lynx 380XL helicopter. The radio came with a simulator cable, that has a 6 pin plug that plugs into trainer socket on radio back and a 9 socket for the serial port of my pc. I cannot get any recognition of my radio by FMS. I have read and researched and now am thoroughly confused. The radio does not have a pcm to ppm swithc. Can I use pcm with FMS? If so how do I set up? Any help is greatly appreciated, Best Regards. Also is there needed software or drivers and what is best way to get me flying?
johnboi0524

Postby Darce » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:22 pm

The transmitter I got with my Thunderbird is labelled as a Cyclone and has a 6 pin S-video cable connector.

The serial port wont work under XP unless you run a program called
follow the instructions there and you should be fine.

My cable was wired incorrectly by the way... it uses a 6 pin S-video connector to a D9 serial connector. I wired it as follows:
white to pin 7
red to pin 5
black to pin 4
yellow (or green if there's no yellow) to pin 2
you'll know you're close if you activate the "beep on input" selection in PPJoycom.

good luck
Darce

Postby jordanson » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:28 am

Hello

I thought i have tried everything until i looked at this thread.

I have a Thunderbird IV with a Cyclone 6-channel transmitter.
Tried 3 different computers, none of the works with the serial-port
So it seemes that the cable is somewhat incorrect.

When i checked around the net, this thread is the only one that mention other cabling.

Mini-din contact :
If you see into the contact, it has a plasticrectangle.
Rotate so it points downwards, then you have 2 pins to the left, 2 up & 2 right.
The 2 right pins & the left lower is unused.
The left upper has blue colour and goes to pin 4 on the D9
The upper left is white and goes to pin 2
The upper right is red and goes to pin 7
The outer ring is black and goes to pin 5

I couldn't attach any picture to this forum unfortunatley.
That would have been much easier to explain.

Will heat up my soldering iron & test your version of cabling.
But it would feel much more confident if more people had tried this !!!
jordanson

Return to General Discussions