[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Electric Glider Takeoff Problem/Bug

Electric Glider Takeoff Problem/Bug

Electric Glider Takeoff Problem/Bug

Postby rckowal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Currently using FMS 2.0 Beta 7. When using Easy Glider E; it will not takeoff from the runway. In a previous installation (Beta 8.3) when initialized, the same model would set on the runway then take off normally as the throttle was opened.

This only ocurrs with this electric glider. Every other non electric airplane model I tried (Piper Cub, Pitts, etc.) will take off normally - although when first initialized, their tails are up (on tail draggers!).

What's wrong here & how can I fix it?

(selected from the default models menu
Using 2.0 Beta 7.
rckowal

Postby ggunners » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:25 pm

Just a guess, but the model that will not take-off probably has an FMS 2 alpha 8.x .par file. Version 8.5 will fly both old and new .par files. Use Windows NotePad or a .par editor to see the substantial difference between the two .par file types.

- ggunners
ggunners

Postby rckowal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:41 pm

rckowal

Postby rckowal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:56 pm

rckowal

Postby smcxx66 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:39 am

smcxx66

Postby rckowal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:44 pm

rckowal

Postby smcxx66 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:15 am

Go through via computer/harddrive/ program files/FMS.

then you'll see folders and you'll see Par editor folder
click on that, then you'll see par edit.

click on that then it'll bring up par edit

then click open...then you 'll see nothing..lol
just click Up one level.

then you'll see the folders...click on the model folder
and look for a model's par. file you want to adjust...

then you'll see all the different pionts or + inside circles.
just move those down a little bit. Have the wheels on top
of the circle and not right on the cross
make sure you do left and right wheel or click on 3d to get
a better veiw.

keep your original zip file of the model..incase you mess up.

Becuase you can go in there and adjust enignes, multible engines, props, mass, wing cord..etc.
just pratice on a modle
smcxx66

Postby rckowal » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks again smcxx66.

OK, I now have the general idea of how to adjust the various points. It looks fairly simple once you understand the basics. If I'm understanding, you just "drag & drop" the points and the data files are automatically adjusted. Am I seeing this correctly?

I have a pretty good understanding of airplane design, aerodynamics & flying them. I can see how one can manipulate these points to modify the performance of a model.

I intend to look into editing the stock landscapes as well; but not especially to improve the graphic quality. I would like to have a landscape with a flat field; not surrounded by lakes, oceans, hills or mountains; with some trees around the periphery. More like a typical middle west model flying field.

One more thing please, do you know if there is a way to save my preferred viewing & pilot positions? With the exception of the +/- zoom on the num keys; I have to reset them every time I launch FMS.

Best regards
rckowal

Postby TreeHugger » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi rckowal,

in order to get started on editing FMS 8.5 par-files, you could just take a closer look into some of them and many things will "fall in place".

I'd suggest to use Masuoka Hideaki's ParEditor over the one bundled with FMS - it offers a better overview and has some handy comfort-functions like automatic calculation of angular inertia. You'll find it here:

And this is the direct link to the file, in case your Japanese is rusty:

Don't worry though, the interface can be set to english language.

As a starting point for exploration I'd suggest to download a model from Gary Gunnerson's website like the Aerobird Xtreme. They're well known for having credible flight characteristics:

No, it's not exactly an EasyGlider, but it might be close enough to get going. I assume it's redundant to explain how to navigate a folder structure and open a file because we just had an extensive lecture...

ParEdit offers a tab for wheels and one for collision points, specifying location, friction, spring constant and breaking load - pretty self-explanatory.

Good luck experimenting,
Regfards

P.S.: The pilot position is stored in the scenery file; It's just one initial position per file. To edit, open the scn-file and change "PILOT_POSITION" manually - first three numbers equal x,y,z. You can't navigate to a place in FMS via the numpad-keys and then save the location.
TreeHugger

Postby smcxx66 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:12 pm

like treehugger said..play with it...becuase it drop into never, never land.

the pilot possitioning. I think you might need to make or adjust
the .snc file. i don't know how to do that yet.
I know what you mean, i have the same problem. i have to
reposistion the camera to my liking everytime to get proper
flight line perspective manaully

look in the link in the model lab as treehugger suggested.

there's a section of how to make new landscapes...he mention
about posistioning of the pilot and model. it makesense to me
of the x,y,z postion
Been trying to design my own model.

but i don't know how to open or make a .scn file

as you might also know..some of the models has funkie sounds.
you'll notice 8.5 has a wave. file (sound)
You can simply switch in and out wave files. from moldes to models.
it's a little more complicate if you wanna get it just right.
I'm also a musician...i have a digital recorder.lol..it records in waves.
i can stretch, lengthen (remix) those wave sounds or clean up
those little clicks in some wave. files in fms.
The wave files bascially gose into a loop and is slaved by the throttle.
the higher the throttle the faster the loop.
But you'll hear that click, click click..as a loop gets replayed.
it's a good thing my recorder has a dial wheel and is in digital.
I can dial in on it..lol
smcxx66

Postby rckowal » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:55 pm

rckowal

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:32 pm

TreeHugger

Postby rckowal » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:24 am

rckowal

Postby smcxx66 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:06 am

smcxx66

Postby smcxx66 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:19 pm

smcxx66