[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Another Free Simulator?

Another Free Simulator?

Postby kram66 » Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:54 am

Was wondering if anyone has tried the free sim at:

http://www.geocities.com/preflight3d/

I havent heard any comments about it...........I was going to check it out but it requires Direct X Ver 8 or higher and Im not sure I want to update Direct X yet......Anyhow Im really happy with FMS.

Just curious if anyone tried Pre-Flight and how it might compare to FMS?
kram66

Postby Flying Baer » Sat Jan 05, 2002 11:31 am

Hello Kram66,
i´d download the Sim and i have one problem:
I can the gamebird don´t calibrate.
Can you help me?

Greeting´s
Flying_Baer
Flying Baer

Postby solo » Sat Jan 05, 2002 11:41 am

Please see my posts in joystick-interface --> interface a microprocessor to the joystick port .

Happy virtual flying.
Rgds
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby kram66 » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:53 pm

Flying Baer

This site has lots of information on setting up / calibrating the sim. If you are unable to find the information you need I can possibly help, but need more information. I use a home made interface with FMS that works great with a Futaba 8 UHF radio. FMS also works well with the keyboard (except helicopters) and a joystick. I have not tried the Pre-Flight simulator as yet.
kram66

Postby solo » Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:56 am

to flying bear

send me an email with ur problem with preflight. i have used it for a month or so and maybe i can help.

rgds
solo

Postby Flying Baer » Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:39 pm

Thanks all User,

the Pre-Flight is runnig.
I will look to create a new Modell.

Greetings Flying_Baer
Flying Baer

Postby accessrc » Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:52 pm

I tried the Pre-Flight and actually like it. The wind and environmental parameters as well as other factors you can add yourself can make the sim as real as you want it to be. But I can't find enough planes or scenery to keep myself from being bored. Do you know where I can get more stuff for the sim besides the Home Page.
Laser Combat System
accessrc

Postby greenbridge » Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:04 pm

Hi Kram66,

Is your web site still alive? I tried several time but failed-simply can't find the sever.

Rgds,

GB
greenbridge

Postby solo » Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:43 pm

yes, the above link seems fine from this end. if that doesnt work try this

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/atv/preflight001.htm

rgds

(Edited by solo at 10:46 pm on Jan. 12, 2002)
solo

Postby HankF » Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:18 am

Preflight doesn't support dual joysticks (eg, Dave Brown)
HankF

Postby HankF » Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:37 pm

What I said before about Preflight not supporting 4 axes joysticks is not completely true. I supports 4 axes (channels 01+02 and 06+07) but does not support any buttons or switches.
HankF

Postby solo » Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:42 pm

Additionally, the throttle channel has to be the same as 'aux1' if u r using it for helis (as i think pitch is on 'aux1').

rgds
solo

Postby marcocale » Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:53 am

Hi all,

if you want to support the joystick buttons in Pre-flight, simply download the RB-Joy utility from www.rbsoft.de
This utility allow you to assign to each button of a joy a defined character as output.
Actually, using Pre-Flight, I'm able to retract the landing gears of a model using the switch of my Realflight G2 "dummy" Futaba.

Marco
marcocale

Postby solo » Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:25 am

thx.....and the good thing is that the instructions r in english.......whew!!!:cool:

rgds
solo

Postby solo » Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:35 pm

hi

with preflight once u have taken off, either with a plane or a heli, one can continue to fly ridicously long despite cutting throttle back to minimum ie keep the plane flying with elevator and the heli with pitch----- very odd!!! :confused:
solo

Next

Return to General Discussions