[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS 2.0 Beta 7

FMS 2.0 Beta 7

FMS 2.0 Beta 7

Postby broadsholders » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:10 am

Hey all,
I'm new to all this also and am using an E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator Training Kit For Airplanes and Helicopters w/ USB Port.
The disk I rec'd with the simulator was minimal in it's loadable info (2 heli, 2 planes, 4 backgrounds).
So when I saw that the FMS home page suggested I download the FMS 2.0 Beta 7, I did.
I was happy to see that several problems have been corrected in this new version along with additional planes, heli's & gliders!
One MAJOR problem I was having is the constant roll left, roll right....crash.
A correction shown on the home page is: "Models can't rotate into the ground anymore"
Mine certainly are still doing so :cry: Any one else still having this prob?
Tks,
Kap
:(
broadsholders

Fast rolling:

Postby KEW » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 pm

I found the same problem. The planes that come with FMS are set up in a most unrealistic manner. The SU6 will accelerate vertically at less than half throttle and the ailerons are set to give 2 rolls per second. With these settings it is virtually unflyable and almost impossible to land in one piece (and they have made it the default plane!).

If your transmitter has dual rates, use the low rates on elevator and ailerons, set to the lowest deflection. Also, in the joystic mapping/calibration, check the "exp." box for all four controls. This will turn on the exponential function and will give you a lot better control.

Check in the forum for downloadable planes. I found that a most of those from the site that ggunners recommended about a month ago are set up to fly very realistically.

Good luck.
KEW

Re: Fast rolling:

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:49 pm

TreeHugger

FMS Version:

Postby KEW » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 pm

KEW

Postby broadsholders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:21 am

Kap
broadsholders

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 am

It's on the , first item.

Regards
TreeHugger

Postby broadsholders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Tree Hugger,
Tks for the URL.
My confusion was with the Alpha vs:vs Beta version.
I have DWN loaded the Alpha 2.85 and will see how it works.
The simulator info says it supports Versions, 2.0 Beta 7 & 2.0 Alpha 8.4
Has anyone seen an Alpha 8.4?
Tks again for the help. :)
Kap
broadsholders

Return to Joystick-Interface