[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problems on W2000 - 3D dosn't work

Problems on W2000 - 3D dosn't work

Postby Pepca » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:28 pm

I have duron on 780 MHz, 512 MB RAM and NVidia GeForce MX 400, 32 MB RAM. My FMS ver.7 runs, but very very slow (I think, doesn't work 3D). I have directx ver 8. Thank Pepca.
Pepca

Postby solo » Sat Jan 05, 2002 9:46 pm

Try the diffrent versions of beta 7 available from the main FMS page (it tells u in green what to do).

Goodluck.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:08 am

Pepca
You should run like lightening with that machine. I get over 80 fps at 1600 x 1200 on a 1G Athlon and Geforce 2 card (32Mb). Do you have any driver diagonstics with your card to check they are all OK. You can also check that Direct X is working using: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DXDIAG.EXE (might be somewhere else on your machine). I hope this helps. :shocked:
Mike Roberts

Postby andy2 » Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem: FMS 2b7, Win2k, DirectX 8.1
(HW: PIII 650MHz, 256MB, ATI Rage Mobility, 8MB).

FMS complains about DirectX at startup and runs at 3fps :-(
I tried all three debug versions without change.

The REFLEX demo also does 3fps when I select "3D RGB software emulaion", 4fps with "3D MMX emulation" and 20 fps with "3D Hardware acceleration" from the graphics DRIVER menu, which is absent in FMS. Graphics CARD is always set to "Primaerer Grafikadapter" (German version of Win2K and DirectX and FMS)

Maybe FMS doesn't recognize DirectX 8.1 ??

Anyone using FMS with DirectX 8.1?
Anyone using FMS with DirectX 8.1 on Win2k?
Anyone using FMS with ATI rage mobility?

Thanks for all advice

Andreas
andy2

Postby August » Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:06 pm

A friend of mine had the same problem with a RivaTNT. The reason: MS often supports in their own grphics display drivers only basic funcionality, but not 3D. If your equipment is slow too with other 3D - graphic - programs (shooter games, MS Flight etc.) then it's the driver. Get a better driver from the hardware vendor. Be carefull since some features may NOT work with the new driver (e.g. the display frequency may limited to 60 Hz)
August

Postby andy2 » Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:50 am

Hi August,

I don't think it's a classic driver problem, because
1.) I do have the genuine ATI driver and latest DirectX 8.1
2.) DXDIAG works and tells me everything is OK with Direct3D in version 7 and 8 mode.
3.) The Demo of the REFLEX flight simulator also works.

I'd bet it's just a small problem at startup, that prevents FMS from "seeing" the Direct3D HAL. In REFLEX there is a separate dialog to explicitly choose the HAL driver, which is missing in FMS.

Regards, Andreas
andy2

Postby sanjay » Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:22 pm

I have the same problem with my ATI All in Wonder Pro under WinXP.

DXDiag reports everything is hunky dory but FMS runs very slow.

Interestingly I tried the PreFLight Sim and as well on the same config and it too runs very slowly. So I guess it is something peculiar to the ATI drivers.
/sanjay
sanjay

Return to Windows-Version