Thanks to FMS I have a chance!!!! - bearing no complaints

Postby hiroboz » Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:31 am

I call it FMS time at my place. 1/2 hour everynight at least. Can't wait till the start of the flying season. The senior gents at our field won't run if I can fly the heli this year. Haha I love it.
hiroboz

Postby damnifino 39 » Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:19 pm

some of the older gents are still leary of sim trained pilots they will probably still run haha J/k :D
**** if i know (shrugs and grins)
damnifino 39

Postby johnhlong » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:58 pm

I started with FMS then tried to fly my Heli.

Results:
I have used almost a full gallon of fuel used and just had my first crash. (Small crash, snaped a landing skid. Total to repair the Heli ร.65 counting shipping). :)

My non-RC friends think I know what I'm doing and I have to keep telling them to stand back. It's scarry how close they want to get to the thing!!! Especialy when they want to take close up pictures. :shocked:

O.B.T.H.,
Were you the person that scattered all the older flyers and sent them under the tables last year at Mimar Park, WA????

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby hiroboz » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:07 pm

Wow, 1 gallon, 1 crash and all it costed was a skid. I'd say FMS did you good! I'm pretty impressed with my flying on the sim, didn't think I would be doing inverted hover or even good landings yet but, I am. I guess I will be able to tell exactly how I'm doing once I re-introduce the pucker factor. That could be soon, the weather is looking real good lately!!!
Thats funny, I can see it now, newspaper all over the place. LOL
I'll have to remember that for raking leaves next year!!!!
hiroboz

Return to General Discussions