[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - PPM interface Issues - Airtronics VR400

PPM interface Issues - Airtronics VR400

Postby warren » Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:49 pm

I have solved my ppm interface problem. Briefly: I had built an interface cable which had the VR400 connected directly to the Parallel Connector. I solved the voltage level problem by using 5V from pin 8 of the game port to power the VR400. This worked fine on and older socket 7 mother board. It will not work on a newer socket 7 board with AGP support. I finally found that the newer board required the VR400 to sink more current than it was capable of to get the logic 0 level. I had to add a 2n2222 transistor (I think I have seen Futaba interfaces describing this) between pins 10 and 18 of the parallel lport connector, with a 2.2K resistor between the signal source and the base of the transistor. I'm still using the 5V from the game port to power the modulator of VR400. All works fine now.

I changed the computer to get AGP Video support. WOW. 17 frames per second at 1280x1024. I think the graphics are excellent. Good job!
warren
warren

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface