[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Who here sells GOOD joystick interface for cheep?

Who here sells GOOD joystick interface for cheep?

Postby adam_jorgensen » Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:23 am

I am looking for a joystick interface cord for my JR XF421 radio. Who here has one for sale for not too expensive, but is not a cheap piece of crap like my existing printer port interface? I want one because I heard they don't pick up any noise or interference in the cord. Is this true? Are there any kind of probelms I should know before I get one?
adam_jorgensen

Postby adam_jorgensen » Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:26 am

Has anybody ever had a problem with jitter or tweaking movments of the controls in the fms models with their joystick interface? I want to make sure that the joystick interface I want is FREE of anykind of jitter.
adam_jorgensen

Postby cwcarso » Fri May 30, 2003 1:24 am

Did you ever find out if the JoyStick Interface is "better" than the Printer Port one?

I also am not able to use FMS because the printer interface can not be calibrated because of all the noise--I guess generated by my laptop --- The bars are jumping all over the place --- turned off all I/O and cards -- still getting the problem
cwcarso

Postby Eric Brouwer » Sat May 31, 2003 6:13 am

Have a look on my . There are a few links to ready-made interfaces and vendors. It all depends where you stay.

With the gameport interface, stability depends on the speed of the motherboard, as well as the construction of your gameport itself. The gameport uses four one-shot timers, which are polled in software. As these on-shots are not constructed of the best components, you might find that even with no stick movements, there might be small movements visible.

This does not cause any problems flying FMS, as these movements are normally very small. In fact, this is even an advantage, as in real flight, planes tend to change attitude without the flyer moving his sticks. This is due to air movements that will never be the same in your flight path.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby Mike Roberts » Sat May 31, 2003 10:19 pm

Hi

I have a USB R/C Joystick interface that makes a transmitter appear as a 4 axis and up to 4 button joystick. I used a separate chip using similar code to the PIC serial interface so the transmitter data collection would not be interfered with by the PC/USB polling. So the response is as smoooth as the PIC version - and it can be used for other programs. Please take a look at me website.

Mike :D
Mike Roberts

Postby overhead » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:13 am

Hi.
I have just completed a transmitter to joystick adapter. It uses a PIC 12F629 and two dual digital pot chips. I used all surface mount parts and was able to fit it in a DSUB15 shell. It is very compact. It works very well, without any jitter at all. It also uses the full 8bit range. This one gives the 4 joysticks and 2 fire buttons. I also have one in the works to provide 4 fire buttons.
Contact me at dkoroluk@mts.net if interested.
Dennis
Dennis
overhead

Return to Joystick-Interface