[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - How do I setup Tx for Heli - Setup transmitter for Heli flight....

How do I setup Tx for Heli - Setup transmitter for Heli flight....

Postby wjkillay » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:07 am

I am not understanding how to get the other channels to work. I can get pitch, power, rudder and elevator to work, but I can't seem to get the rest of the Heli controls to work. I have a Futaba T6XH, 6 channel radio. I know that it should work, but I can't get any of the other channels working. I am sure that somebody out there probably knows and that I am doing something dumb. Any help would be great!

Thanks in Advance

Bill K.
Bill Killillay
CFII exp 3/03
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
bill@killillay.com
wjkillay

Postby Rockfist Rogan » Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:41 am

Rockfist Rogan

Postby wjkillay » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:07 pm

Bill Killillay
CFII exp 3/03
bill@killillay.com
wjkillay

Postby solo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:51 pm

pitch and throttle cant be separated in fms as yet :(

click the "exp" box in fms to reduce sensitivity. i think u should also be able to do it with your Tx. :)
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby wjkillay » Fri Apr 26, 2002 1:23 pm

I did check the exp button and have dailed it down with the Tx too. That did seem to help some. I have not actuall picked up my real Heli yet, but when I was doing tests with it, the throttle did not come nearly as fast as it does in FMS, but I am figuring it out. I am just having to program the radio differently for FMS and then yet again for my real heli, I am just taking my time, no rush here. Paid way to much to get to this point, I can wait and do it right. :)
Bill Killillay
CFII exp 3/03
bill@killillay.com
wjkillay

Postby solo » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:16 pm

i dont know about others but my throttle/pitch changes 'very' proportionally. what happens when u r in the calibration window? does the blue bar move up/down as u move your Tx stick or is it a sudden on or off?
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby wjkillay » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:37 am

I checked the exp button and now it just slides up and down, the throttle does not come on so sudden now. Now though when the throttle is low the tail wants to rotate right, as I bring the power up it starts rotating the other direction. I am able to control the ac though, I just hold a little left stick in there. I am now able to hover, fly it in circles, and hover nose in, I can site there and over and move around for hours, I just am not sure what to adjust on the Tx to stop the rotation now. I am keeping at it though, just going through the book that came with my radio and playing with settings. I setup the FMS heli's on my #6 spot so that it's not going to mess up the settings on my #1 spot where I got some help from a guy that knows helis to setup mine. I have seen him hover it, but I have not actually flown it yet. I won't until I am much more confident that I am ready by flying FMS.

Any good indicators when somebody is probably ready to move to the real deal?
Bill Killillay
CFII exp 3/03
bill@killillay.com
wjkillay

Return to General Discussions