[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Laptop XP Video Problem - Video Troubles

Laptop XP Video Problem - Video Troubles

Postby EMJ135 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:50 pm

Same old problem; different video card. This a great sim, it just doesn't like Laptops and XP. I have a Toshiba Laptop with XP home and a trident video card. I have run the beta on a friends 98 machine and it works great. I tried the beta and alpha on my laptop to no avail; I get the blue screen. I know it has something to do with the video card but I don't know what. I went to trident's and toshiba's page : no updates thus far. For kicks I downloaded 6.0 beta and it works on the laptop. This confused me and I was wondering if you see anything in this equation that I'm missing. Why will this work with 6.0 (which incidentaly has no option for a transmitter control) and not the 7.0 alpha or beta. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
EMJ135

Postby EMJ135 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:13 am

I have found a temporary solution. It may work for those ATI video cards also. My brother told me to run a "compatibility wizard" in XP. It runs the program in question as if it's operating system was windows 95, 98, 2000, etc and sees if it will work without crashing. It gives you options to run it in 256 colors, a different resolution and even disable some XP options. If it works, then it saves those new settings for the next time you open that program. I just tried to run FMS in 256 colors, and it no longer gave me the blue screen. Its pretty crappy graphics, but now I have FMS 7.0 on my laptop. It'll do until I can figure out how to run this normally.
EMJ135

Postby caotri » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:55 pm

:(
Hi,
I have the same probblem with my toshiba laptop with trident video card.
FMS 2.7 runing well on my pc with tnt2 riva as well as asus 7100 video card on both winXp professional and winme.
I installed it on my toshiba satellite pro 4600 and it won't work for both winXp Pro and winme ( I have 2 os on one laptop). It come up it a massssage fms doing some thing wrong <unknown>

I may try version 6 and see what happend.
Please let me know if they fix in new version.
Regards
caotri

Postby caotri » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:25 am

Hi,
I cannot intall version 2 beta 7 on my toshiba as i said in last post. I go back to beta6 and thank got it work fine.
:)
caotri

Return to Windows-Version