[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - DEAD? - Is FMS Dead?

DEAD? - Is FMS Dead?

Postby CodyCBarnes » Tue Jun 26, 2001 8:55 pm

I downloaded beta 6 several months ago. Since then, I have not seen any new updates, documentation, or anything that makes me think that FMS is still alive. Even the messages that I have posted here have gone unanswered. Is FMS a dead project? If so, are there any plans to release the source code?
Cody Barnes
CodyCBarnes

Postby Michael_Moeller » Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:30 pm

Hi

The FMS project isn't dead. We know that it's a too long time, since the last beta has been released. I hope to get the next Beta finished within the next month. We are curently developing on some new flight model, looking for another 3D Engine than DirectX Retained Mode, ways to design models and landscapes with CAD ... there are many basic problems with FMS that need to be solved. And beside this, we are still writing some small update to beta 6 (this will be beta 7), trying to fix the badest errors.

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby Norbert » Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:52 pm

Hi Michael,

Since your reply we now had about two months (not one as you wrote) - but OK, I think, everybody is enjoyed to read that FMS is NOT dead (I did also fear this).

Relating to DirectX, as you mentioned, you must know that not few fans came to FMS (me too) because of its easy running performance without any special graphic interface.

Before I came to FMS I tried Easyfly from Ikarus which uses OpenGL. Unfortunately this did not run on my computer because the grafic card (a simple ATI Rage Pro AGP) it did not accept programs using OpenGL code. I had very much trouble with Ikarus until receiveing money for the returned program.

Not so with FMS which was running without any hardware problems from the first start. Although Easyfly seemed to be somewhat nicer, this was the main reason to keep FMS and not to buy a new and expensive graphic interface .

Please keep FMS at this line and do not change to any special design! The program must run on any cheep and old computer and not on a special machine!

Regards
Norbert Graubner[br]Im Kalkofen 9[br]D-55268 Nieder-Olm
Norbert

Return to General Discussions