[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS Compared To Ripmax??????? - Which Is Better

FMS Compared To Ripmax??????? - Which Is Better

Postby Spoonman » Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:23 pm

I was wondering if ripmax is any good compared to FMS, because i am currently downloading ripmax and am wondering if its worth it. Can you use the FMS interface on ripmax????
Spoonman

Postby AlexP » Fri Jul 06, 2001 8:40 pm

In my opinion, the ripmax sim has more features and worth a try but not as simple/elegan as FMS.

The FMS interface doesn't work with ripmax.
AlexP
AlexP

Postby Spoonman » Sat Jul 07, 2001 5:52 am

So I take it the Ripmax interface is a joystick interface
Spoonman

Postby Andrew » Sat Jul 07, 2001 3:01 pm

Where could I download Ripmax? URL?
Andrew[br]--------------------[br]Shuttle ZX, w/O.S. .32
Andrew

Postby Pooky » Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:00 am

The Ripmax Sim seems a lot more like a game, compared to things like Realflight or even FMS. Also i didnt find it that realistic.
Pooky

Postby Norbert » Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:22 pm

This is a message to all people interested in RCsim:

After downloading ripmax' demoversion of rcsim (which lasts nearly 53 minutes at a 56k-Modem; filesize is 15,15MB) I really find it not worth for it.

I did not find any possibility to work complete with a 4axis joystick like FMS does (I use a selfmade hardware interface between the serial output of my rc-transmitter and the gameport of the computer, so the computer gets signals like from a joystick). Only throttle, elevator and aileron (which was unmovable fixed at the channel normally used for rudder) were available. Free placing of channels was not possible.

Compared with FMS the reaction to steering commands is poor, especially to elevator, so one must use nearly always full turn to get a reaction. I did not find any possibility to adjust sensitivity (perhaps this is only in full version). With RCsim flying is as easy as railway driving (as long as you will fly strait ahead), but by far not realistic.

In demoversion helicopters are not available.

So I return very repentant to FMS (and wait for the next release ...)

Best regards
Norbert Graubner[br]Im Kalkofen 9[br]D-55268 Nieder-Olm
Norbert

Postby schumi » Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:30 am

Hi Norbi!

Ripmax is only a rc plane simulation! I have the full version!:(
bis denne.....
(¯`·.¸Schumi¸.·´¯)
Moderator im
http://www.rc-sim.de
FMS-forum

..:::Lieber arm dran, als Bein ab:::..