[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - ATI Radeon 9700 Problems

ATI Radeon 9700 Problems

Postby Googled » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:13 pm

Hello everyone!

When using the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro video card the screen does not refresh when plane is near the ground. Usually only altitudes below 10 meters. I have tried upgrading to the latest video drivers (version 6.13.10.6193) from the ATI website.

When I am above 10 meters the program runs perfectly smooth. This makes it difficult to take off and impossible to land :(
I think it must be the video card, because the game runs on my old computer with a GeForce 3 card. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can try?

I am new to model flying and would like to practice on a simulator before flying a plane for real.

I am running:
AMD XP 2000+
Corsair XMS 512 MB DDR PC2700
Gigabyte Radeon 9700 Pro
Windows 2000 Pro
DirectX 8.1b
Googled

Postby barthirst » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:49 pm

The ATI Drivers are mostly crappy:

I've tried these with great success on my 64MB DDR:

(DISCLAIMER: don't do this unless you know what you're doing when installing / uninstalling drivers. I can't confirm that the plutonuim drivers will work on your rig, but I'm a big gamer and since i've installed them on my radeon life is good)
barthirst

Postby teg » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:24 am

Hi-
I am a new user with a Radeon 9700 Pro card too. I have exactly the same problem with both the latest ATI drivers and the Omega drivers under WinMe. In both cases nothing appears until the plane is in the sky above the horizon and then it runs perfectly (233 FPS)... when it drops down the picture either freezes or goes black. I have tweaked around and find that the only way the program runs from ground level is when Direct3d is disabled in dxdiag... but of course then the picture looks like a throwback to MS Flight Sim 1.0 in low res and the FPS reading is 3. :(

Please take a look... I really want to be able to use the FMS on my new PC.
-Teg

Abit MB
1.5GHz P4
DirectX 8.1
WinMe
256MB RAM
40GB HDD
teg

Postby cujo » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:38 am

Hi,

I've got the same problem with Radeon 9700pro.

Works great until the ground comes into view, then stops.

Can anyone suggest a workaround?

thanks

CuJo
cujo

Postby toywizard » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:48 am

Same problem with win 98 SE & ATI Radeon 9700 (not pro)

Has anyone tried a generic driver?
toywizard

Postby toywizard » Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:17 am

barthirst
[B] ???

I tried the Omegacorner win 98 drivers but it said it was not compatible with my card. :(

Anyone got any more thought?
toywizard

Postby gregg3 » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:22 am

try holding ones breath until ati release decent drivers. :D
gregg3

Postby KenM » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:52 am

Has anyone come across a solution to the ATI Radeon "ground proximity screen freeze"?

I am using:
Windows XP
ATI 9700 pro
Directx 9.0
ATI Catalyst 3.0 drivers
KenM

Postby bigcne5 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:33 am

I have the same problem on my XP machine with an ATI All In Wonder Radeon 7500 and DirectX 9.0. When the game crashes and the PC reboots, XP reports that an error was generated by the ATI video card. I am also running the latest version of the ATI drivers, but the simulator is still unstable and crashes the PC. I think it has something to do with the way this simulator makes calls to the graphics chipset and video ram on the video card, as this simulator works well on other video cards I have tested such as Matrox Millenium II and Intel video chipsets. Even tried reducing my screen resolution to 16 bit color at 800x600, still no good.
bigcne5

Postby KenM » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:09 pm

bigcne5,
My computer doesn't crash but the screen is either black or shows a runway with no plane on it.

For sailplanes, I hit "w" for the winch, and hold a little up elevator. Once the plane exceeds a certain height. the plane will pop into view and I can fly normally.

If I descend at a reasonable speed, the screen will freeze (not lock up) when a certain amount of ground scenery comes into view. If I then pull up, the plane will pop into view after it exceeds a certain altitude.

I can then continue flying until I get below a certain altitude

For powered planes, I advance the throttle and hold a little up elevator. Once the plane exceeds a certain height. the plane will pop into view and I can fly normally as long as I keep my altitude up.

I never had this problem with my 3dfx V5500 card.

I really want this fixed. I would pay money to own a working copy of FMS.
KenM

Postby Mark in Aus » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:26 am

Mark in Aus

Postby Tsutomu Mabuchi » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:07 am

How about trying to use Alpha8.1 and diable "True Alpha" in the setting [Graphic][Option][Shadow] ?
I can use Radeon 9700Pro with above modefication.
The airplane's shadow looks white, though. :)
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Postby Mark in Aus » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:14 am

I would if FMS 8.1 alpha would even run
Mark in Aus

Return to Windows-Version