[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - USB game port adapter for Simstar- Help - Left joystick doesn't respond

USB game port adapter for Simstar- Help - Left joystick doesn't respond

Postby g25 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:00 pm

TIA: I'm using an XP and added an adpater for the USB to game port to use the Dave Brown simstar controller. The right joystick works for elevator and as rudder (I would prefer aileron) and the left stick isn't recognized at all. Any suggestions? Thanks
g25

Postby FreeFlier » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:56 pm

g25,

Have you set up your controller as "joystick" in gaming options in the control panel. If not, do that first; follow the instructions step by step. I'm using win2000, a Hitec focus 4 TX with a usb interface (RC Joy), so your set up in the control panel may be different.

Once the gaming options are set up start FMS and go to "controls" - choose analogue control. Check resources to see if the system recognizes your controller, then to mapping and calibration. Follow directions for mapping the stick axes - here's where you choose what goes on what stick; my system is set up this way: 1 is aileron, 2 is elevator, 3 is throttle, and 4 is rudder - I use the same sequence for helis. After the mapping is complete, calibrate by following the directions, and make sure you hit "apply" at the end

The above has worked for me for 2-years now, and made FMS a worthwhile simulator; and the 150 or so models I've added from various sites certainly has increased the sim's usefulness.

Hope this info will help you get your system up and running the way you want it.

Good luck.

Thermals,

Stew
FreeFlier

Postby g25 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:03 am

Second Post. My USB game port for the Dave Brown Simstar controller seems to be a problem. Windows XP only offers a single joystick option and the simstar of course has two. Only the right stick works. Even when I choose to customize a controller, I get the message that my game controller isn't properly installed. I tried all options: 2 axis,2 button controller, etc..
Question: Does the Simstar work with FMS through a USB game port adapter with Windows XP?
g25

Return to Joystick-Interface