[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Partial Fix ATI Users - Try this for ATI Cards

Partial Fix ATI Users - Try this for ATI Cards

Postby Suntzu » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:34 pm

As we know it doesnt work to well on ATI card etc. Lock ups with ground in site.

This is a barely acceptable fix but does work. You will need a 2000mhz processor or so to do this.

Right click on blank desktop go to properties and then settings and then advanced and then Troubleshooting.

Put you hardware slider to the Middle.

This will force Software rendering in FMS.

I have found that with an xp2400 @ 2000mhz that with 1/3 of my screen filled with 16 bit and most details on I can get 15 FPS. Which is acceptable enough to do basic flying.

Dont go full screen just drag the window until the framerate is acceptable.

I have been able to use FMS and it is ok. Obvoiusly it looks crap compared to my normal Radeon 9700 pro but I can use it.

I hope this helps some frustrated flyers...now back to my Firebird Commander mod/training...
Suntzu

Postby southend517 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:13 pm

any progress is good :D
southend517

Postby seboulaguepe » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:12 pm

My new P4 2.8C with 512Mo PC3200 and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mo do the same, under XP and 98;

That killing me because i work for 2 Day before coming here and find the answer : doesn't work :( :angry:

Your Fix work well :D but it's incredible to "degrade" a system to use FMS almost correctly.???

Please, i ask a favor to the developper : Help us! ;)
seboulaguepe

Postby Tribum » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:05 am

I have the same symptoms. Please would somebody e-mail me when a fix is posted for the ATI problem. Thanks.
Tribum

Postby manaryde » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:35 am

I can fly FMS with ATI Radeon, when I set Windows 98's color depht to 256-colors. All graphic acceleration settings can be turned on, and FMS works well in Windowed mode (not in full screen), but colors are quite poor. Here is screen capture of that: .
manaryde

Return to Windows-Version