[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - For ATI owners only

For ATI owners only

Postby southend517 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:45 pm

well I down loaded new drivers form ati today. Still no luck
Has anybody herd anything from ATI, or FMS with the ATI problem.
My card does work awsome with Call of Duty :D

www.geocities.com/baycityrc
southend517

Postby KenM » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:16 am

Just loaded Catalyst 4.1 drivers.

Sorry to say, I still get the same screen freezes when ground comes into view.
KenM

Postby elchef » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:48 am

Hello everybody,

i was facing the same ATI Problem till i set my hardware acceleration of the graphics adapter to a lower lever (i think 3 of 7). Now it works, but very ugly and slow, but at least i can fly again.
So, try it!

ElChef
elchef

Postby Roman Moeller » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:56 pm

Hello everybody,

check the new version FMS 2.0 Alpha 8 and disable the option "True Alpha" in the graphic options dialog. Unfortunately the shadow gets white with this option disabled, but it should no longer crash with ATI Radeon cards.

Roman
Roman Moeller
Site Admin

Postby elchef » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:29 pm

... but the new Version .8 doesnt work; i get the message:
"error while getting proc address for flat thunks"

then:
"0.05 is not a valid floating point value"

What is to be done??

Thanx for helping.

ElChef
elchef

Postby Roman Moeller » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:51 pm

Hello ElChef,

I don't know what the first one exactly is, but probably it has to do something with the interface connection. Do you use the int16.dll interface?

The second one is probably not 0.05 but "0.005 is not a valid floating point value". If this is the case try the following: Select Simulation->Options and type 0,005 instead of 0.005 for the sample time option.

Roman
Roman Moeller
Site Admin

Postby Rekvin » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:29 pm

Thanks for the "sampletime" tips.. The simulator seemed to be paused (it was 0 after the installation).. but when I altered this option.. it seems to work :D Well.. haven't figured what the correct number should be yet though... 0,005 gives weird results.. (I'm using an USB/joystick interface.. and it's not possible to control the model..)

The physics seems to be improved a lot :)
Landscapes for FMS
http://rekvin.dyndns.org/fms
Rekvin

Postby Rekvin » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:38 pm

Now the sampletime is 0,021. It seems to work awesome!! It's a BIG improvement.. Atleast this is my first impression :D I'm able to fly now.
Landscapes for FMS
Rekvin

Postby macgyver » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:56 pm

Finally flying;

I bought a Radeon 9600 pro about a month ago new on Ebay, and have had nothing but probelms since, included all the mentioned FMS compatability everyone else has. Sadly, as everyone knows, FMS is freeware and comes with a disclaimer that absolves them of just about everything, which seems pretty fair to me. ATI on the other hand has their work cut out for them. My main beef with them is regarding the compatability problems with SIS chipsets, SIS also partly to blame. I updated everything as instructed, BIOS, AGP drivers, latest Catalyst, etc... always making sure to uninstall before installing, and my machine became unuseable. Windows would start, but become heavily ghosted after 1 or 2 mouse clicks, and would completely hang requiring restart after 3 or 4. I couldn't even get to the screen to uninstall the driver before the system locked. Anyway, I had to revert the BIOS to an older revision, and things are working again, although I can't go past 2X on the AGP port, even though my board supports 4X.

For FMS, I did the unthinkable. I removed my expensive high-end graphics card, plugged my monitor into the on-board VGA port, and voila, I am flying. Here's my set-up and results.

Athlon 1800+XP
768MB RAM, 64 shared for video
SIS 730s chipset
Hardware acceleration set to full
1024X768 Native resolution

FMS performed superbly
32 bit color
Fog, textures, smoothing enabled
1024X768 Resolution (Higher if desired, but my monitor is crappy)
Flies at 27-31 Frames per second compared to nearly 0 with my smokin' graphics card, go figure.
No glitches whatsoever!

Anyway, I know it may seem like a waste, but if you have the option of using your integrated graphics, give it a try. FMS really kicks butt and is a tremendously valuable tool for beginners like myself. After spending the whole night fighting the ATI issue, nearly convinced that the choppy perfomance was just how FMS was, I read this board and found others with the same issue. So, I yanked that sucker out of my box, and have seen the light. FMS absolutely rocks! I can't wait to see how my practice has paid off this weekend. There is hope, at least untill ATI or FMS gets this worked out, although neither is really responsible to do so.

Thanks for FMS!
macgyver

Postby Rekvin » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:31 pm

FMS 2.0 alpha 8 works excellent on my ATI card! I get upto 300fps at 1600x1200 (32bit) in fullscreen mode on my ATI RADEON 9800 Pro.

The glitch with "True alpha" (turned off) making the shadow white is not so bad actually. When flying over "water" it looks more like the airplane is reflected :)
Landscapes for FMS
Rekvin

Postby KenM » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:10 pm

elchef,
A flat thunks error tells me you set the properties of your exe file to be windows 98 compatible. Even if you uninstall the program and reinstall (or load the new version), your registry will still try to run the same named exe in compatibility mode (which gives you that error).

I am not a techie - I'm just sharing my observations...
KenM

Postby elchef » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:00 pm

Hello,

thanx for your answeres; anyway, i dont really know where to change those settings, because I cannot even run the programm; it stops before having the slightest chance of entering and I think the "simulation" changes are to be made in the program.
And yes, I was running the FMS on Win98 compatibility but now its reset to no compatibility and the errors has not occured since.
THANX!
ElChef
elchef

Postby elchef » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:08 pm

me again,

I (again) dont know what is meant by:int16.dll... If its something about any Interface to my RadioControl then I do not have it, cause i dont use any Interface.
Im sorry! ElChef
elchef

Postby Roman Moeller » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:08 pm

Hello ElChef,

go into the folder where FMS is installed, then right-click on FMS.exe and remove the option "... run as Windows 9x ..." or something similar. Then try again to start FMS.

Roman
Roman Moeller
Site Admin

Postby elchef » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:27 pm

Hello,

I already did, but the message with the floating point device still appears... I dont know where to change the settings I´ve been told to change...

ElChef
elchef

PreviousNext

Return to Windows-Version