[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problems with channel mapping

Problems with channel mapping

Postby gaka » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:01 pm

Hello,
I just build the new USB adapter from Code Mercenaries.
It works fine so far. I use a Robbe/Futaba Skysport 4.
In control dialog when I look in the Resources Dialog it shows me "Number of axes: 5". The right steering goes to channel 1 and 2 but at the left steering y-axis goes to channel 3 and x axis to channel 6.
Now in Mapping/Calibration I can only use channels 1-3 there is no acces to channel 6.
Question: From where gets FMS the Information, how many channels ara availible and is there a way to map channel 6 of my "5 axis" controller to any function?

Thanks in advise

Gabriel
gaka

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:47 pm

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby gaka » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 am

Hy Eric,

the USB adapter is the only Joystick I have connected and it has the ID 1.

In control panel is everything ok. I can use all axis for calibration.
In FMS Resources Dialog I can see all axis (axis 1, 2, 3 and 6) but I can't use axis 6 for mapping.

Gabriel
gaka

Postby melvin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:51 pm

Hi,

I too have purchased and bulit the codemasters joywarrior 24RC controller only to find a similar problem.
Within the Gaming Options in the Control Panel of my Win2K,
the Transmitter, an Apex6H is recognised with Rudd.=X Axis,
Elev.=Y Axis, Aile.=Z Axis, Thro.=X Rot. Gear=Y Rot.

Within the FMS Prog.
Analog Control: Resources = Joystick 1, JoyWarrior 24RC,NO. of Axis=5, State=Active.
When I move the Tx Sticks the Rud.= column 1,Elev.= column 2, Aile.= column 3, nothing to column 4, Gear=column 5, Thro.=column 6.

When looking in Mapping/calibration:

Rudd=1, Elev.=2, Aile=3, nothing =4, Gear=5,nothing=6.

NO Throttle !!

Any ideas anyone ?

melvin. :D
melvin

Postby melvin » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:16 am

hello,

Further developments with the Joywarroir chip.

Using my JR378 Tx I am able to mix the gear channel with the throttle. With this configuration it is possible to map the throttle.

It seems that for some reason the 4th channel does not work at all.

I have tried the controller with Flightsim 2004 and all works aok.

Melvin. :D
melvin

Postby gaka » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:12 am

Hy melvin,
I've posted the problem to Code Mercenaries forum.
The side admin replied that there will be a new version of FMS which will solve the problem. He said this version is comming soon, whenever this will be?
Here is a link to the thread (sorry, it is in german):

So here a question to the FMS Team: When will the new version, with a flexible channel mapping be availible???

greetings
gaka
gaka

Postby Michael_Moeller » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:38 pm

we have fixed the problem with the joystick channel 6 some weeks ago, and we were almost ready to pack a new installer, when we discovered a new problem with the jostick routines. It must have sneaked in somewhere solving the other problem, but I haven't found the time to fix that yet. I hope to be able to release a fixed version next week.

Michael Möller
Michael_Moeller

Postby gaka » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Just tested the new version with the Code Mercenaries interface.
It works fine !!!
Now I can map channel 6 to every function.

Great job!
Thanks a lot!

gaka
gaka

Return to Joystick-Interface