[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - RealFlight Sim TX W/15 Pin Game Port Won't work

RealFlight Sim TX W/15 Pin Game Port Won't work

Postby bookstar75 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:09 am

Hello,
I just received a Great Planes RealFlight R/C Simulator Transmiter with a 15 pin Game port interface. I plugged it in to my windows 98 PC and it won't work with FMS.

So, What do I need to do to make it work for FMS? Should I buy an adapter that has a serial port interface? Or is there something I can do in the system to change the settings to accept the 15 pin interface?

Thanks guys!!! ;)
bookstar75

Postby overhead » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi,

You must make sure that your joystick is setup with Windows before it will work. Check Gaming Controllers and see if you joystick is there and working. If it is not working here do not go any further. It must be working here and it must be number 1 in the list of avaiable controllers.

Once it is working in Game Controllers section then it is just a matter of selecting Joystick in FMS, calibrating, and then flying.

Have a look at my . It will take you step by step on setting up your gameport joystick in Windows.

Dennis :D
Dennis
overhead

Postby bookstar75 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:29 am

Hi overhead,
Thank you very much for all the info!
Well, I followed you step by srep installation guide, but it is still saying "Not Connected".. This is a RealFlight simulator transmitter so there are no buttons to turn on and off on it. I have two game ports on my computer. One in front and one in back. I tried them both and it's still saying not connected so it it not sensing anything for some reason.
Am I still missing something I may need to download before I set up the Joystick?

Or do you think it may work if I simply buy a serial port adapter instead?

Thanks again ;)
bookstar75

Postby phildc » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:34 am

This could help you: look at "Joystick.exe"

FMS Forum » Errors and Problems » Windows-Version => Diagnostic techniques and tools
phildc

Postby overhead » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi bookstar75

I dusted off my old Realflight controller and tried to set it up again. My controller has 2 switches on the top and 1 switch above the throttle stick(mode 2). The switch on the front above the throttle is a joystick button. I got it to setup and work with FMS just fine.

If you are getting Not Connected then there is either a problem with your Realflight controller or your pc gameport interface. It is a lot easier to test your Realflight controller. All you need to check it is an ohmmeter. Here is a that you can use to measure each pot and switch.

Dennis
Dennis
overhead

Postby Eagle Al » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:21 pm

To calibrate joystick(s) under Windows, you do the following:

Start>Control Panel>Gaming Options

Once there, you select the description that most closely describes your joysticks. For example, 2-axis 2-button or 4-axis 4-button. Now you calibrate your joystick by selecting calibrate. Now here is the rub: to move through the sequence of steps to do the calibration, you need to push an operable button on your joystick. If you don't have any buttons, then you can't calibrate your Real Flight (RF) controller.

I believe the newest versions of the RF controller are designed specifically to work with the RF software. If so, it's useless for FMS.

Ciao,

Eagle Al :cool:
Eagle Al

Postby overhead » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:25 am

Hey Eagle Al,

You are correct about the buttons except for one thing. With Windows XP you can calibrate your joystick without pressing any buttons. You can advance to the next screen by pressing a joystick button or by clicking Next. All other Windows versions you must press a joystick button.

Dennis
Dennis
overhead

Return to Joystick-Interface