[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - reassigning channels used by a model

reassigning channels used by a model

reassigning channels used by a model

Postby Andy2No » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:40 am

Is it possible to edit the par file of a 3 channel model to tell it I want the rudder on the right stick (channel 1)?

The sort of model I have in mind are ones where the par file is just a list of parameters and there's a .x file to describe the shape, i.e. there are no detailed sections describing elements like wings.

I don't really want to have to remap the controller channels in Mapping/Calibration, because it only applies to certain models. I'd have to switch it back when I used a four channel one.

can I add a bit to the par file to do that?

I'm familiar with editing the parameters to just give a model ailerons, but I don't always want to do that - for some models. I want to see how they fly with three channels, but with the sticks assigned so the rudder control is where the aileron is normally.
Andy2No

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Andy2No,

in the older .par-files (version 2.7) there is no corresponding entry in the parameter list to swith rudder and ailerons - at least not to my knowledge.

In version 2.8 with the detailed wing sections, you can assign any channel to any control surface, so no problem here. (Maybe this is an incentive to move up? :D )

Regards,
Frank
TreeHugger

Postby Andy2No » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am

Andy2No

Postby ggunners » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 am

ggunners

Return to General Discussions