[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - help FUTABA FC16 with trainer port - parallelport-PPM-Onterface

help FUTABA FC16 with trainer port - parallelport-PPM-Onterface

Postby Alain » Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:30 pm

Hi,

I'm searching somebody with a FUTABA FC16 and A TRAINER PORT !
I opened mine, found insife on the main PCB (the one with the RF part) an empty connector labelled "trainer".
When looking the signal with an oscope, the magic pulses are here with an 4,7 V amplitude... so I'm on the way but I cannot disconnect the RF excepted if some "trainer circuitery" could do the job ;-)
I'm wondering if this radio cannot be equiped with the trainer port with very minor modifications ...(only an external DIN plug or so )
My question is, could you open your FC16 with trainer port, see if there is inside this training connector and describe me which kind of wires are connected between this connector and the external training port. A must would be a clear description of the wires colors and plug pins.Please check if the wires are simply linked pin to pin or if there is additional circuitery.
To find the internal trainer connector : it is located right in the middle between the last channel pins and the RF module. If needed I can post a photo ?

Thank you for the help

Alain
Alain
Alain

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:07 pm

Alain
I have added transmitter connection details to my website. This includes the FC18 which I am told may be the same as the FC16 and FC28. Please check it out and let me know if it helps. RC Projects>Flying Model Simulator>transmitter connections. :biggrin:

Mike
Mike Roberts

Postby Alain » Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:51 pm

Mike,

Yes it helps a lot. Indeed it looks like the connector inside F16C is the same as FC18. But on your web site, I didn't find the answer to my initial question : how is connected the inside connector "trainer" to the external DIN plug ? Which trainer PIN corresponds to what DIN PIN ?

thanks for your help

Alain
Alain
Alain

Postby Mike Roberts » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:37 pm

Alain
You just need two connections for the interface - signal and earth(Masse on drawing). Connect these to 'A' and 'B' using the circuits in the FMS manual or signal and ground on my circuits. If you have a DIN plug on the transmitter you can choose any pin configuration you like.
I am not aware of any facility to power up the coder board without the output stage. It is worth looking at the positive supply to the coder board. Does it go via a diode? Is the positive battery supply and the coder positive available at the trainer connector? See if you can detect battery voltage on any of the trainer pins with the transmitter switched off. If you can I believe we will be able to turn the coder section on independently of the output stage.

Please let me know how you get on.
Mike Roberts

Postby Olivier Gibon » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:14 pm

Hy,

check my website to find all answers to your questions :

http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX

Olivier
check my website about buddy box and compatibility problems :[br]http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX
Olivier Gibon

Return to Parallelport-PPM-Interface