[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

interface a microprocessor to the joystick port - trainer-to-joystick port

Postby alexandrecn » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:56 am

Please
Anyone send the file RC-Joy_1.0.zip for alexandrecn@hotmail.com

Thaks
alexandrecn

Postby Kim » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:34 am

Hi,
Does anyone out there have a pcb circuit of the rc2joy?
Thanks

-Kim
Kim

Postby solo » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:57 pm

Sorry for not having written earlier as i just read the post. been tooo busy!!

The values given by Steve above r the one that i have used. the transister i used was BC547b.

I did not make a PCB.

It works with every simulator that takes a joystick very well indeed.

goodluck.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby Perry_Baker » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:07 am

I have just completed the RC2Joy interface and are experiencing glitching also.
Can someone please e-mail me the RC-Joy_1.0.zip file so I can try version 1.0 of the firmware. E-mail to perry@microscene.com.au
I am also in the process of producing a circuit board as well and will post it here when I am done.

Thanks
Perry_Baker

Postby Kim » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:47 pm

Hi,
Can any one advise a mail order shop that can supply me the AMTEL chip for rc2joy.

Thanks.

-Kim
Kim

Postby solo » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:54 pm

try

or

go to this---------http://uk1.farnell.com/Welcome/welcome-frame-unregistered.jhtml--------and type "at90s2313" in the search box and do a search with "Mftrs. Code".

Good;luck.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby barku » Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:24 am

Hi,

Is there a newer version of firmware that solves the glitches in 1.1?

Happy new year!! :) :D

Mark
barku

Postby Kim » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:09 am

Hello,
Does anyone have a version of rcjoy that doesn't have the glitch.

Thanks.

Regards.
Kim
Kim

Postby Kim » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:43 am

H E L P....

I finally completed the rc2joy circuit today. Ran the 'avreal' command as instructed to program the 90s2313 chip.

Then created 4 axis, 4 button joystick controller under control panel, game option. Joystick created and 'ok' appears.

But there is no response when I run the calibration & test option under joystick. Anyway I proceeded to try to test the joystick under Realflight also no response.

When I press the button, Windows returns an error saying the Joystick was not connected properly to the computer and asked to do so.

Anyone know what I did wrong.

I then tried to reprogram the 90s2313 and I got the following error:

Command:
-ew -p1 +90s2313 -! -o8000 rc2joy.hex
Can't resync
Reset pin released

Did I blow the chip?

I am not sure how to identify the Base,Collect and Emitter pins of the transistor, so with the flat side facing me I took the right side as collector, middle pin as base & left pin as Emitter.

Would appreciate if anyone who have build the circuit can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

-ks
Kim

Postby Kim » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:57 am

Hi,
Can ynyone out there can help me with troubleshooting my rc2joy interface. Description of the error in above post. I have check and recheck every connection & it seem okay. Just cannot understand why there is no respond during joystick calibration.
I tried the interface under Win95 & Win98. Same problem with both setup.
Help anyone.

-ks
Kim

Postby Boxed » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:42 am

A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Kim » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:26 am

Hi Boxed,
Yes I have check and confirm that +5v is present on the ATMEL chip and circuit.

But how do I check to see that the "trainer-connection" to the transmitter right. Which connection is this on the circuit diagram?

I tried to re-program the same ATMEL chip again today using the following command and got the following reply:

c:\>avreal -ew -p1 +90s2313 -! -o8000 rc2joy.hex
avreal/DOS16 -AVR controler LPT programmer by Redchuck Alexandar
ReAl@real.kiev.ua
v1.23rev0 (Dec 18 2002 22:32:59)

command:
-ew -p1 +90s2313 -! -o8000 rc2joy.hex

Device connected, 90s2313 detected
Device erased

Device connected, 90s2313 detected
Programming CODE memory
done

Reset pin released.

Looks good but how do I confirm the code was writen to the chip. You suggested "Check that the atmel is in reset, the reset pin of the atmel should be connected to the vcc when programming." How do I actually do this. You mean have a cable connected between Pin 1 & 20 before issuing the programming command?

By the way how many time can the same ATMEL 90s2313 be erased and rewritten? Or is it just a program once chip? I was told it's a program once chip.

Oh just for info to the masses, the switch did not work and windows return an error message the first time I tested it because I use the wrong value at R8.

Cheers.

-ks

:( :( ??? ??? ???
Kim

Postby Boxed » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:22 am

I have the same voltage problem and have connected a 5v voltage source directly soldered on the vcc and gnd of the PCB. If you do this (connecting a external powersource to the computer) allways first connect the ground and then the vcc, otherwise you could blow up your soundcard of more electronics.

I checked my transmitter connection with a oscilloscope. You should se a nice pulse train (5V/div - 20ms/div) But i guess you can also check the connection by connecting your transmitter to a other transmitter. You don't have to change anything in the code.

You said you weren't sure of the transistor placement, just look for the datasheets of the transistor in www.google.com. I am not sure about what transistor you are talking about (the one on the rc2joy or on your program board)

Atmel controllers can be reprogrammed about 100.000 times before the eeprom memory will begin to fail. You can check to see if your controller is programmed right by reading the software from the Atmel to the computer and comparing the HEX files.

The avreal schematic has the right setup for programming the controller so if you built the schematic 1:1 there's no problem.

Cheers

Richard
A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which you can still use your airplane
Boxed

Postby Kim » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:15 am

Hello again Boxed,
How did you obtain your 5v? I am thinking of taping directly from the PC powersupply (if really required) since its regulated. But before we get into any details did you have a 5v reading on your circuit before you even decided to attach an external power source. I have a clean 5v reading so I am just wondering if I should still try to isolate a power problem.

I am still unsure about the transmitter(radio) check. I don't have access to an oscilloscope nor another radio so I can't figure out what this test will confirm. Is this to show that there is a pulse output/coming from the circuit to the radio? You did also mention about trainer connection earlier. I tried to change the Trainer setting on my radio but also no response when running joystick calibration.

What radio do you have or are using? I have a Futaba 8 Channel heli radio (model 8UHPS).

The transistor I have doubt about earlier is labeled Q1 on the rc2joy circuit. I used a BC547 transistor. I was not sure how to identify from the 3pins on the transistor which is the Base, Emitter and Collector. But I finally decided to bring the transistor down to a local TV repair shop and ask them to help me confirm the pins.

Again for the masses info, on the BC574 that I am using, with the FLAT side of the transistor facing me (there is a curve side and flat side on this transistor), Collector is on the Left side, Base in the Middle & Emitter on the right side. Everyone agree? I hope so... :-)

I did not build another separate circuit for programming the ATMEL chip. I build the rc2joy circuit as is and use JP1 to attach to my PC parallel port to program the 90S2313. Is this not the function of J1?

I notice in the circuit you builded, you left out this circuitry. You omited R1, R2, C1 & JP1. You also did not have switch (S1) on your circuit. So how did you manage to calibrate your radio without this switch as the joystick calibration will ask to press a button on the circuit to proceed on to the next calibration process?

What software can I use to read the ATMEL chip? DO I need to build another circuit to accomplish this task? I hope not. I will check ATMEL's site for info on how I can read the contents of the chip while waiting for your reply. This is just to confirm that the HEX file was written to the chip.

The avreal programmer for the ATMEL you are refering to is the 'FBPRG' adapter, right? Its just 6 cables connected directly from the parallel port to the 90S2313 chip, even more simple that the programming circuit (JP1) on rc2joy. I will try the 'FBPRG' adapter later and advise outcome.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

-kim
Kim

Postby Kim » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:17 am

Hi Boxed,
Was not able to find any software to read the data off the 90S2313 processor on the web. Can you advise what software you used.

Have yet to try out the AvReal 'FBPRG' adapter as want to see if anything on the processor first.

By the was I was not able to get any pulse from the rc2joy circuit. Where did you connect the scope too, Transmitter output(pin2 & gnd) or on the rc2joy transmitter attachements pins.

Thanks.

-ks
Kim

PreviousNext

Return to Joystick-Interface